9|working things out

Serena did not understand why Harry entered the house all stressed and kicked everybody out of the house excluding Hermione and Ron who were spending the night but managed to send Hermione upstairs to check up on Ron until she saw her own father o...

Serena did not understand why Harry entered the house all stressed and kicked everybody out of the house excluding Hermione and Ron who were spending the night but managed to send Hermione upstairs to check up on Ron until she saw her own father on the porch .

Serena hadn't seen her father in a month , a month in which she had tried to grow into a different person , a person that wasn't defined by her parents' actions but by her own .

Regulus weirdly enough looked ...normal, his hair was now looking decent , not the ruffled mess it always was , he was wearing a grey suit that wasn't too stuffy and the usual purple bags under his eyes looked like they were fading .
"Papa, look I know you are mad - "
"I started seeing a therapist. "

Serena and Sirius were both shocked .

"Sometimes your mother comes too . You were right , we need to work out on everything that happened after the war . I am so sorry you had to leave home for us to realise that . " Regulus continued and Serena felt her heart swelling for him . She had missed both of them so much .
But still it was a lot of information and Serena did not know exactly what to say , words were trying to get out but kept getting stuck , lodged in her throat . Sirius being the saviour he had been those past few weeks , stepped in .

"Regulus , a word ? "
"Uhm, sure . " Regulus answered, barely peeling his eyes off Serena as he walked to Sirius' bedroom .

Sirius POV

Sirius was not known for being the best big brother in the world , or the best brother in general but Serena was the closest thing he had to a child , he was still young enough to settle down but he didn't know if he was ever going to have kids , or even marry . There have been guys , girls , sometimes both at the same time but he never had that someone. 
So right now he would be there for Serena , she was his priority.

"Listen, don't you think you could have called before coming ? You kind of popped out of nowhere, Reg -"
"I'm actually staying in a hotel close by . Marina and I aren't staying together right now . I was going to tell Serena -"
"Are you out of your mind ?" Sirius almost shouted , his brother was speaking so normally and it drove him mad . "You barge in , ruin Harry's party , tell Serena that you are seeing a therapist after a mere 'hello' and now you are going to tell her that you and her mother aren't staying together ?"

Regulus was looking at him like he was the insane one , confused .
"I mean we are not divorcing-"
"Regulus , it does not matter, Serena is a teen, her summer is supposed to be about having fun, going out , discovering herself , not about her parents and their issues . " Sirius ruffled his hair and put it in a tail , getting hot all of the sudden .
Regulus looked at his brother and then at the floor .
"I know ... deep down I know I am selfish . But I feel like she is growing so fast , Sirius . All of the sudden she is almost fifteen and most of the time she spent home I was locked in my study , I missed out on so much , that was also another big problem in my marriage . We were so happy at first , young and free of Voldemort , Serena was a beautiful surprise . I was so sure of one thing when we had her, that I was not going to act like our parents . And I did the exact opposite, she ran away , Sirius just like you did . Maybe Marina should just dump me , I failed as a father and as a husband ." Regulus rambled and balled up his fists with anger .

Sirius let Regulus cool off , let it all out and then looked his brother in the eyes .
"You are nothing like our parents , Reg, you first of all admit that you have some problems that need to be fixed , do you imagine mother talking to a therapist?" Sirius asked and Regulus huffed a bitter laugh . " You want what is best for Serena , you messed up but from what I have seen from James and Lily , no parents are perfect but trying matters the most . I'm here for you , I know I wasn't before but I am know , whether you and Marina patch things up or not and I will always be there for that little girl out there . " 
Regulus looked at him and smirked . "You have grown fond of your niece ?"
"Considering she is a lot like her uncle , I have to say yes ." Sirius joked making Regulus laugh . "Come here ."
Sirius opened his arms and hugged his little brother tightly for the first time in fifteen years .

And then he realised that if Serena was anything like him she probably had listened to the whole conversation.

-
Serena POV

"What are you doing ?"

Serena yelped and almost fell as she listened to the whole conversation the brothers just had before Harry came in .
"God, nothing, Harry ." Serena snapped , she had just found out that her parents might get divorced and that her dad felt like he missed out on her growing up . It was a lot of information to take in . She knew she was not supposed to listen , that is why Sirius wanted to talk in private but she couldn't help herself .
"You were snooping weren't you ?" Harry asked .
"Maybe ." Serena replied and ne nodded trying to contain a smirk . "Sorry about your party ."

"Eh, it's no big deal . It's the last one anyways , it's too stressful keeping loads of teens from drinking and then puking . " Harry , waved a hand in the air as from a upstairs , the two heard someone throwing up. " Ron's a perfect example ."
Serena giggled and Harry joined her . He then looked at her and then the floor repeatedly, his cheeks getting pink ." Listen, do you , maybe want to go out tomorrow? Have some fun , maybe it will get your mind off ...well some troubles for a few hours . "
Serena was now blushing , was Harry asking her out ? A boy had never asked her out before . She was going to go next to Ron and throw up with him .
"Uhm..."
"If you don't want to , that's fine , it was a stupid idea -" Harry started to ramble making Serena chuckle .
"Harry, I want to . It's a date , around five ?" she asked directly making Harry smile like an idiot and she loved it .
"Yeah, around five , we'll go around the town
centre . Have a bite or something." Harry was now fully red .
"Yeah, that sounds great ." Serena tried to hide her smile as the door opened and Sirius and Regulus came out .

"Oh, hello , Harry .  I know you don't know me but I know you . I'm Regulus , Serena's father ." Regulus walked to Harry and shook his hand.
"I know , nice to meet you ." Harry smiled politely .
"Well, sweetie I'm staying here for a few days to ... meet a friend so if you want to talk more tomorrow, let me know ." her father was a horrendous liar but she let it slide, he was going to tell her the truth when it was the right time .
"You can come for breakfast and then we'll let you talk . James and Lily wouldn't mind ." Sirius added and Serena smiled , she loved spending time with the Potters .
"Sure , that sounds great ." Regulus said and smiled at Serena . "I'll see you in the morning , sweetie." Regulus hugged Serena thigh and she did the same , God, she missed him . He kissed her forehead and despite the fact that it still hurt from the fall she took a month ago , she did not ruin the moment .
"Bye, papa ."

Regulus left and Harry went to check on Ron, when Serena was ready to leave , Sirius stepped in front of her .
"I know you listened to the conversation, I am not mad but let your father tell you when he is ready, him and your mother are trying to figure things out and it is going to take a while ."
"I know and I am going to let him .
It just sucks . " Serena sighed , despite sometimes wishing  her parents split up , it did not make it any easier.
"I know, kiddo , but you are not alone ." Sirius said and she smiled .
"I know that too , thanks . You're a pretty great uncle ." she smiled and Sirius put his hand dramatically over his heart .
"Oh , Serena , go , I don't want you to see me cry ."he faked a crying voice making Serena laugh as she left the Potter house .

She was not alone , and she was going to get through this .

And she had a freaking date with freaking Harry Potter .

Guys you actually like this , oh my God .

Thank you for the comments and votes you are great ! I will continue with the short chapters but they will come more often and this time I mean it .

Thank you !!! Next chapters our babies have their first date !!!