8|busted

"Malfoy ? " Draco almost jumped out of his seat at the sight of Serena , he tried to wipe his face but he knew it was in vain , his puffy eyes faced hers and a sorrow smirk followed

"Malfoy ? "
Draco almost jumped out of his seat at the sight of Serena , he tried to wipe his face but he knew it was in vain , his puffy eyes faced hers and a sorrow smirk followed .
"Good , now even you saw me being miserable , go ahead Black, tell everyone how you saw Draco Malfoy cry in Potter's house , I am sure it will be the top subject of this boring party . "
Serena was speechless , she never pictured Malfoy ... sad .

"I won't tell anyone , unlike you I am a pretty decent person . " Serena muttered , grabbing the chair next to a desk and sat across Malfoy . " But I've got to ask what's wrong . "
Her curiosity was eating her up , plus she had this damn thing instinct that always wants to help others . It annoyed her .
"Why do you care ? " Malfoy spat out with venom in his voice .
"I need someone's else's drama for a change . " Serena joked .
Malfoy sighed with a shudder , his green puffy eyes met hers .

"Pansy cheated on me , she kissed Tracey Davis ! " Malfoy exclaimed and Serena tried to seem shocked , it was rumoured that Pansy liked both girls and boys among the girls' gossip in Hogwarts but nobody dared actually confirm anything since she has been dating Malfoy since forever .
"I mean, when your parents basically agree that one day you are going to marry someone ... I thought that is what she wanted too . " Malfoy muttered , staring at his hands and Serena looked at him confused .
"What do you mean ? "
" I mean... I do not want to force Pansy into something she does not want . " Malfoy muttered and then Serena was shocked . Malfoy was actually being a decent person .
"Well, your parents would understand . I mean you are very young , Malfoy it's not like you are a fifty years old virgin . " Serena tried to joke but Malfoy laughed a bitter chuckle .

"That means you clearly do not know how the Malfoys work . If it's not Pansy it will be another pureblood girl who doesn't want this any more than I do . It will never be my choice , it will always be Lucius Malfoy's . I am a disappointment that always needs to be controlled . "

Serena just stared at Malfoy for a few seconds , she then realised that there were worse home situations than hers and she was always realising from where Malfoy's anger and viciousness came from . She did not think it was still alright to bully everyone around but now she knew the cause and it pained her to know that because of parents like Lucius Malfoy , kids end up on the wrong path .
" I am sorry , Draco . Truly . We are cousins you know so if you need something, even though we haven't had the best relationship, you can come to me . " Serena spoke softly , hoping this offer would not backfire .
Draco only nodded and wiped his nose with a napkin he had crumpled on his hand and left the room without saying a word , leaving Serena sitting there for a few minutes , her thoughts literally whirling around her head .

HARRY POV

Harry was done greeting others so he sat grumpily at the bar in his living room , looking at the Pepsi in his glass .
"Harry ! "
Isabella walked to Harry with a big smile on her face . She was always so positive .
"Hey, Isabella . " he muttered .
"Why aren't you with Serena ? " she asked and he furrowed his eyebrows at her .
" Isn't she with that Patrick guy ? " he asked bitterly and took a sip from his glass .
"God, Harry for someone so clever you can sometimes be so dumb . " it was the first time Harry saw Isabella annoyed .
"What ? Why ?"
"Patrick is my date ! "

Harry nearly lost the grip on his glass and he thanked God he didn't drop it or his mother would have had him by the throat .
"Really ? " he asked and Isabella looked close to slapping him .
"Serena came here for you , you twit ! " Isabella nearly shouted .
"Oh ."
He knew he liked Serena ever since they went climbing but he never admitted it out loud .
L
"Oh ?! If you like , Harry Potter , you will go look after her and tell her ! " Isabella scolded Harry and she was right but he was so nervous .

"Okay . I'll go look after her . Good ." Harry tried to pump some courage into himself as Isabella patted him on the back .
As he started looking around the house , people were dancing and having conversations over the music . His eyes darted to a corner of the room and he cursed .
Ron, sitting quietly in a corner with a cup with an odd liquid in .
"Ron ? " Harry asked and Ron looked up with a silly smile .
"Harry ! " he grinned and Harry frowned at the smell of whiskey that came from his mouth .
"Who gave you booze ?! Hermione specifically said no alcohol ! " Harry nearly shouted as he saw Hermione walking to them with an angry look on her face .

"Ronald ! What are you doing on the floor ?! Are you drunk ?! "
"Hermione ! Have I told you how wonderful you look tonight ? " Ron asked and despite being very angry , Harry could notice Hermione's subtly blushing .
"Ron, a bit of self-control wouldn't have hurt ! " Hermione scolded Ron who just giggled and took Hermione's hand in his , playing around with Hermione's bracelet like a bored child .
"Who brought alcohol ?! " Harry asked Hermione .He promised his parents that the party would be alcohol free . He did not need drunk teens breaking something around the house .
"I'll go ask around , the gossipers must know . Take Ron into your room he can't pass out here plus you have the bathroom close for when his sickness will come . " Hermione said , the last part with a glare at Ron .
"But - fine . " Harry said , he would find Serena after he put Ron in his room .

He tried to seem like Ron was walking next to him rather than on top of him , after a very difficult stairs climbing , Harry pushed Ron on his bed .
"Hmmm, soft . " Ron mumbled with a dumb smile .
Harry tried to push Ron of his blanket so he could cover him with it but Ron was not moving as he was slowly dozing off .
"Come on, Ron , you oaf , " Harry sighed as he tried to push Ron with no succes . "you know what you look fine . "
Harry took a bucket from the bathroom and placed it next to his bed in case Ron felt sick .

Harry closed the door to his bedroom and came downstairs where Hermione was waiting for him .
"I talked to the gossipers , guess who brought the alcohol ? Fred and George . "
Harry was going to beat the twins with a stick .
"Good God , where are they ? " Harry asked , trying to maintain his anger .
"On the porch . " Hermione said .
"Hermione , you are amazing , thank you . " Harry said and Hermione nodded with a small smile .

Harry ran out on the porch where indeed the twins and their friends all drank out of a bottle of whiskey .
George's eyes met Harry and they widened , he elbowed his twin .
" You idiots better throw that away, you brother is stinking drunk at a party where I specifically said no alcohol ! "
"Look, Harry, we were not going to give it to the younger kids but Ron literally begged us . " Fred said but right before Harry was going to shout at them that it did not matter , a voice made him freeze .

"Regulus , let Serena enjoy her party and you can talk to her in the morning . " Sirius said , exasperated .
"Sirius, I am going to talk to my daughter ! " Regulus Black said but stopped when his eyes met Harry's .

"Shit . "