VIII

Unknown person's POV

I was passing by the basketball court in a fit of hustle because the lecture session was going to start soon and I had to collect some books from the library before that. While I was about to walk past a significant voice caught my attention. Well it was the name of that person about whom the guys were talking. "We exchanged numbers" I could hear the guy Jungkook speak up. "I can't believe Y/n was this easy to get." Taehyung laughed.

This was a good moment to capture what they were actually having fun about and so I quickly took out my phone and started recording their conversation. " So when are you going to reveal that it was all a challenge and nothing else?" Namjoon asked from beside. "Not before a kiss." Jin enthusiastically exclaimed, making me scoff. What kind of brats were they? I wanted to advance and speak up but that would ruin the evidence I was getting.

I was expecting Jungkook to laugh out loud or react the way others were doing. Afterall he was the one who brought the sinister laughter on those guy's faces. Surprisingly he didn't. His straight reaction did not nudge . He seemed to be in deep thought . I would have lasted longer if only my phone didn't ring up unexpectedly. As expected the boys were already aware of my ringtone and having no more options I left as soon as possible.

Jungkook's POV

Although I had decided to silence myself, but looking at how their expectations were only increasing, I finally spoke up. What I actually wanted. "I'm not doing this anymore." My voice sounded like a clear whisper and the boys didn't even notice it. I wanted to walk out of there, I didn't want to explain anything but I had to....cause I was the one at the first place who agreed to do this. Deciding to speak yet again I heaved in a deep breath. As I was about to let out , a sudden tune could be heard.

It sounded more like a ringtone which wasn't familiar to me nor to the boys. Soon after it faded with time , it was even more strange because the thought of someone who could have heard us , crossed me. "Who was it ?" Hoseok hyung was the one to go and checkout. Once he returned, we got no response about who it was.

There was a higher possibility that that person knew about our intention but ahead of that I had to conclude this challenge without making any further delay. I did that. "Guys, I have something to say." I spoke up, gaining their attention. Soon I was the centre of attraction among the seven of us as I finally came to the point . " I am giving up on this challenge." The guys around didn't respond. A sudden silence fell around us. All I received were piercing stares from them before all of the guys broke into a louder laughter. That took me by surprise.

"Jungkook, you are joking right ?" Jimin had a bright face although his question sounded serious. I nodded my head. "I'm not joking. I can't do this anymore." My declaration made them give me a disbelieving look. I did expect that. "Jungkook, are you serious? We can just end it with an I love you and kiss. Why are you getting so serious about it-" Jin hyung suddenly stopped as if a thought crossed his head.

" Now don't tell me that you like Y/n ?" I didn't think much and nodded my head as a yes. A scoff could be heard from Jimin's side. "Seriously? I never knew your standards are this sick. " My stare instantly shot up at him , rage didn't take time to fill them up. "What do you mean ?" My voice sounded deep. Sensing the tension which was slowly taking form between me and Jimin , Jin hyung interrupted.

"Well it's Jungkook's choice . We can't do anything about it , if he wants to conclude then it's fine." The other guys nodded their heads, including Jimin. That was a relief that all of them agreed without inquiring much. "Shall we head to our class now ?" We all responded to Namjoon's question with a yes and then were off to the next destination.

When we entered the class , the first thing which my eyes noticed was Y/n , she was busy with her book . I smiled unknowingly watching how concentrating she was , I did know about this fact but still it felt different. "Guy you are so in love." Jin patted my shoulders while I smiled . "Shall I go and sit with her ?" "Make sure to not forget about your friends." Taehyung said in a dramatic way. I shook my hand and quickly walked towards the front.

"Hey!" I took the seat beside Y/n who finally looked up from her book. "We met again!" She exclaimed, soon a smile curving up on her lips. "Of course." My voice sounded some octaves higher. That racing heart of mine at the thought of her would always make me excited. "Did you hear about the one night trip to Hanok Village? We will have to make a project on that." She said while taking out a circular from her bag. " You guys will be guiding us right?" I asked and she nodded her head.

" I always wanted to visit that place. Trust me it's beautiful and there's a lot to explore. Are you coming?" I was busy admiring how her eyes shone with excitement. Every bit of her expressions were genuine. Her question was partly audible to me but I didn't answer it. "Jungkook." She called out my name yet again making me shrug a little before sitting straight. Of course I would love to go there. "I will think about it." Damn Jungkook, when will you learn to answer straight ?

Finally it felt as if everything was going good , smoothly but somewhere in between those genuine smiles , someone did fake it.