006

.One Small Mistake.

☆☆☆☆☆☆

August Twenty-sixth,  Twenty twenty-three.
Charlotte, North Carolina

WHEN JAYLEN woke up, it was around eleven o'clock in the morning. This meant that his mother was most likely out with her friends. He exited from out of his room, heading downstairs to the kitchen.

When he entered, there was a small not laying on top of the counter. The not was from his sister telling him about LaMelo's practice and how she had went.

The boy groaned, knowing that his sister had likely taken her car so he had to walked around 15 minutes to the park. The boy hurried upstairs to get dressed, knowing that the court usually got crowded around twelve .

Before he left out the house, Jaylen made sure that he had grabbed his phone, aipods, and his basketball. He didn't want to reach the park and realize that he had forgotten something. When he got to the courts he could see two older lightskins shooting around.

As he got closer to the men. he realized that it was Lonzo and LiAngelo Ball.  Jaylen froze in shock, blinking his eyes profusely. Seeing Lonzo and LiAngelo down at his local court was something he ahd never thought off.

As he walked closer, he caught the attention off the two ball players. Pausing from their one on one, the two turned to face Jaylen. "Yoo.." LiAngelo spoke up, noticing that he had looked somewhat familiar.

"Wassup" Jaylen said nervously, tossing his ball from one hand to the other. "Sorry but like- you just look hella familiar" LiAngelo passed his brother the ball, stepping closer to the younger boy.

"You ball by any chance?" Jaylen nodded slowly, trying to let the fact that he was talking to one of his favorite basketball players. "Uh, sorry to interrupt but do you know how to get to the spectrum center? my gps acting weird"

Lonzo questioned Jaylen, his eyes still on his phone which was froze. "Yeah, its not that far from here actually" The older nodded his head, glancing over at his brother before speaking once more.

"You think you could take us there? only if you got the time for it though I don't want to interfere with anything you had going on or nothing" Jaylen shrugged his shoulder, deciding he could shoot around another time.

"Yeah, uh- y'all can follow me" Jaylen walked the guys to the center, the usual eight minute walk from the courts turning into twelve. LiAngelo and Lonzo couldn't keep up with Jaylen's fast pace, so he had to slow it down for them.

When They arrived to at the center, Jaylen decided he would just join them with going inside since he knew his older sister would be present. A man whom Jaylen recognized to be Lavar ball turned his head towards them as they entered the gym doors.

"Jaylen McQueen, top highschool player in North Carolina" Lavar spoke loudly as usual, proceeding to shake hands with Jaylen. "Well since I've got you standing in front of me, I was wondering if you'd like to join JBA, spots just opened recently and I'm looking for outstanding players only"

Jaylen didn't know what to say, he ended up telling him he would think about it and let him know once the practice was over. As Lavar finally acknowledged his two oldest sons, Jaylen looked past him and let his eyes fall on his sister who stood by on the court.