I lost my temper and locked in my fingers

I'm sure there's something more to that pouty face and I'm willing to spend this evening to find that out ~ Lover

When I woke up, I was alone in bed.

I barely remember walking out of the shower the night before but I do remember him pulling me closer as he slept, probably not even realising so until he woke up the next day.

I rolled over the soft heaven and glanced at the piece of paper on the bedside table. Picking it up, I blinked a few times to make my eyes awake before reading.

~had work earlier like I said. Sorry I was working when I said I'd spend the time. I'd be back like the usual, make me a burger for dinner if you're free. Love you.

Love you.

He'd written 'love you' on a paper. For me.

It'd been so long since we'd shared such simple words that made my heart soar.

I left the paper right where I found it, feeling like I'm flying in clouds, finally starting my day as I always do. My plants were already back where they were supposed to be, and I'd started on my exercises, healthy drink and the meal of the day. The more I got on with the day, I kept feeling like as if I'm forgetting his note. So I found myself making a few trips whenever, rereading the simple message. I didn't know if I should sulk about him forgetting to spend time or be hectic about him saying 'Love you'.

Then my mind wondered. Who did he love?

He did write the note for me, but what if he thought of someone else when he wrote it? I knew, his work has been on his mind more than me.

The thought made me blink tears away.

Time for yoga.

But then, as I was half way through, I remembered that I planned to go shopping and got ready, shoving the few notes he'd given for me to spend. It'd been thoughtful of him. But it reminded me that I wasn't stable. I'd be nothing without him.

Did that mean that I was the one being a fool? Making myself believe that I loved him.

Was I that horrible partner who attached himself to a healthy man just because of money and comfort? Just because I had no talent to find myself a settled lifestyle and an account to support myself. But then sometimes, the reminder was there, in the back of my mind, telling me, no, remember, you draw good. You paint good. He likes it when you draw.

And I'd stop it there, muttering back. He's liked it when I draw. Now he's too busy with his life, getting places, to give me attention and waste his time on me.

He asked for a burger, was the next thought that suddenly brushed past me when I walked by the supermarket. Stopping, I bought the ingredients. Then I realised that I was short of money for my supplies.

"I'm so pathetic," I whispered to myself, ignoring the way the stranger at the store stared at me. He must've heard. How embarrassing.

I decided that I should just buy the things I could with what I have, and when he gives me any more money, I can go buy the rest again.

Pathetic.

When I made it home, I realised that I'd forgotten the keys when I left inside. Anger filled through my body and before I knew it, I slammed my foot onto the door, making a loud thud echo along the hallway. Thankfully, no one came around to check the reason and after I'd calmed myself, I'd left the things by the door to grab the spare from the store room the officials of the apartment building kept.

By the time I was inside my home again, I ignored the set of keys that laid there on the kitchen counter and started on the burger, stuffing myself with one before I registered what I was doing.

I dropped the last bite that was left and rushed to the mirror in my painting room, checking my face, stuffed with food. I couldn't believe myself.

I was just plain pathetic.

---

This chap's a bit bla, but it gets better. Hopefully. Have a nice week and vote for this chap pweaty pweease!