Looking for answers there aren't really answers for

Get out of that nightmare of yours and skip into my dreams ~ Lover

I waited for him to yell at me.

I waited for him to glare and growl in disgust. He should kick me out in a few minutes. I knew I'd crossed a line.

"What happened?" He asked instead.

I peaked through my wet eyelashes, not being able to look at him in the eye. "I'm sorry."

He didn't answer and I bowed my head back down to the ground again. The carpet underneath me looked so much more inviting, even if I was sitting cross legged in the middle of the room, highly aware of the objects on the ground, messing the aesthetic he'd planned. There was a broken vase too, because looking at me made me realise how imperfect I was.

I didn't need to look over at the balcony to know that it was dark outside. I'd been sitting on the floor for hours now, mulling over the fact, of nothing and everything.

It was hard explaining, and I didn't plan to explain to anyone.

"Get up."

My eyes lingered around the carpet. I didn't want to get up. But I didn't want him to get any more angrier than now. Disappointment rushed over for myself, realising how stupid and childish I was behaving. "I'm sorry, understand that you have every right to feel the way you do. I'll clean everything. You can take a shower, and dinner will be ready as soon as you're out. I promise."

It took a second for him to answer and I wondered what he was thinking. I glanced at his legs that were standing around. "Oh Pete, stop talking... did you get hurt?"

I stood up and frowned at the question. "No, I didn't let out any blood. I'm sorry."

"Stop apologising." His voice didn't sound harsh. Was someone else in the house? Did he bring visitors? Is that why he was being quiet?

What have you done Pete?

"Stand up Pete and get yourself in the living room. I'm sweaty so I'll clean up and come. Don't move from the sofa, you understand?"

I looked up until I could see his chin. His bread was growing. "Yeah, I understand."

"Good."

And that was enough for him to watch me walk out of the once peaceful room into the living room as he'd ordered.

I didn't see anyone else and it got me more confused to why he was being so secretive. I heard the showers being turned on and wondered what he was thinking inside when he was washing himself.

Was he planning on what to say to me?

He's always been a nice guy. He was probably thinking of a nice way to get rid of me. Only someone like him would be surprised that someone like me didn't take care of such a precious relationship.

I was too pathetic to cherish it and it made me angry that I am. It was what had made me end up on the floor like some widow who's lost her partner to war in our room.

Our room.

I wonder if it'll ever be the same.

I'm too pathetic.

"Pete."

I looked up at him as he walked over, freshly dressed in sweatpants and t-shirt, a hand holding the dustpan with the pieces of vase I'd broken. He sighed at me as I stared, wondering if I should help. He did tell me to not move.

He walked over to the kitchen, dumping them in the trash before going back to the room. From the noises, I knew that he was cleaning up.

My fingers itched to push myself off the couch and go help him.

But I didn't, and soon after, he came over with washed hands, plopping himself right next to me in the sofa with a deep sigh. Then he looped a hand over my shoulder and pulled my into his side by my waist. My head involuntarily laid itself on his side of the shoulder.

"What's going on Pete?" He muttered to me but it was as if he didn't expect me to respond.

---

I hope you guys have an AWESOME weekend and Monday up ahead! Vote to show your love. AND,

HAPPY CHILDREN'S DAY EVERYONE. It doesn't matter if you're over 19. You're still a child to someone and it's worth celebrating!

And for those over 60; I WISH YOU A VERY PEACEFUL AND AMAZING ELDERS DAY! Don't worry, this isn't to show you or tease you; it's about RESPECT.

Bless every soul in this world with kindness. Love you guys. Stay safe. From everything.