2- Recalling the Past

(This part is told like an actual story as if you were there. This isn't exactly how she would have spoken to Aragorn.)

•{CHAPTER TWO}•

(Little Indilwen)

The Lily of the earth has hungered for adventure since birth

INDILWEN, daughter of Elrond and sister to Arwen, the Evenstar. When Indilwen was only a young she-elf, she left behind a part of her: adazzling, beautiful pendant that hung from a pure silver chain, crafted by the High Elves and bound with their power.
A mesmerizing blue sapphire sat majestically within the platinum silver infinity swirl of the pendant. Shimmering diamonds were placed along one of the silver swirls, glittering and sparkling even when there was no light.
Enchanted with Elvish spells, the necklace felt as light as a feather to those who wore it and would glow brightly when any danger approached.

It was crafted for Indilwen's grandmother, Galadriel, who handed it down to her daughter, and her daughter handed it down to hers. It passed to Indilwen, not Arwen because her mother felt that Indilwen would need it more. The necklace acted as a reminder of her tie to her family and to her mother. Arwen held the Evenstar, and so Indilwen held the Mírë Óre (Precious/treasured heart.) as a reminder of the love of her mother and her relation to her family.

Indilwen's mother looked into her child's future and saw glimpses of what could be: her fight with her father, exile, and jealousy of Arwen. She did not want these things to come true, so she gifted her daughter the greatest thing she could give: infinite love in the shape of a necklace.

Even if her mother was not present on Middle Earth, a part of her would always be with her daughter.
Indilwen was not like the other High Elves, or rather she did not meet their standards. She was born with a fiery passion for adventure, leading her to be careless and rebellious, especially during her youth.
  Elrond, instead of granting her freedom and allowing Indilwen to slightly fuel her traits until she learned to control them, he was strict and demanding in principal, certain that the only way to control his daughter was to lock her up.
He believed by eliminating all chances of adventure or excitement, Indilwen's longing for daring new discoveries would diminish as she grew older.

  Elrond was wrong, however, and only made his daughter's life more miserable and frustrating, so much so that her raging temper was born and she became jealous, ill hearted, sassy, and disdainful.

Elrond wanted his family to be known as polite, respectable, and courteous Elves who upheld the standards of their ancestors.  Indilwen was always sneaking out and disobeying, wreaking havoc wherever she went and influencing the younger elves to break the rules.
  She never concentrated hard or focused much on anything, not acting as elves should (according to Elrond's standards). Her joy came from two things, both of which Elrond despised: seeking adventure in the beyond, and drinking. A lot of drinking.