Who Am I?

It all started when my alarm clock never went off yesterday morning. Then it was the water leak in my room. Next my phone fell in a puddle and broke. After I threw a baseball through the house window. Just when I thought my luck couldn't possibly get any worse, my house had been broken into. I lost everything. I lost all my "The Walking Dead" posters and DVDs. Even my "The Walking Dead" clothes.

I don't live in a good area. I along with everyone else in the city know that this place is not as it was. It was a shame. I have always loved hanging out with my friends from across the street. I enjoyed going on bike rides for miles and playing kickball. I love the outdoors. I used to hang out with his friends all the time. One day, they suddenly seemed to stop showing any interest in me. They stopped calling, texting, or even looking at him when I waved to them. I knew why. Ever since I stood up to and defended a gay kid being bullied in school I had been looked at as a queer. I never acted gay... Well at least not openly. I don't have too high of a voice. I just defended someone from being harassed. I was looking up at his ceiling deep in thought.

An ear piercing yell echoed off the walls of the house, ringing like the church bell I heard every Sunday morning. "WHAT IN THE LORD'S NAME IS WRONG WITH YOU! YOU BETTER GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE NOW!" My mom always screams to get me. It is as if she isn't even smart enough to walk up the damn stairs. Although used to the screaming, I still jump every time I hear that in holy sound. I force myself out of bed.

My hair is a mess. It is only 6:00 a.m. My mom always insists on getting up as early as humanly possible so we can devote our entire day to the great lord.

"WHAT THE HELL COULD YOU POSSIBLY DOING!? DO YOU WANT TO MAKE US LATE!? DO YOU!?" "FUCK OFF YOU DUMB BITCH! IT'S SIX O' CLOCK IN THE MOTHERFUCKING MORNING!"

... That's what I want to say.

Instead I just replied, "Sorry. I'll be down in a few minutes."

"DON'T SAY SORRY TO ME! APOLOGIZE TO THE LORD WHEN WE GET TO CHURCH!"

She is always like this. We live across the street from the damn church!

Whether it was Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or even a made up week day. I look in the mirror and sigh at the sight of my hair.

"It looks like my hair had been done by a blind child!" I laugh while thinking it. That is the one thing I hate about having long hair. I like my hair otherwise. My hair is a decent length. I'm well overdo for a haircut.

My hair is wavy and light brown. I have hazel eyes. I'm 5'9 and 3/4. I weigh approximately 120 pounds. I dress reasonably nice unlike every other guy in the area. My name is Mason Knight, and I am gay.