°.•✮☽Five☾✮•.°

A/N

I'm sorry if my quality of writing has been awful lately. I really don't want to disappoint you all!

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay for lunch, dear?" Edna asked her, yet she couldn't bring herself to face her after what had happened.

"9:43AM," read the clock on his wall, yet they were both sleeping peacefully as ever.

While she had fallen asleep on his bed, he had the common courtesy to claim his place on the floor, right after shutting the curtains. She couldn't know that he knew.

He resisted the temptation to climb on the bed with her considering she was merely standing at the edge of it, her hand hanging from the side as she slept.

A pillow and a blanket was all he needed for a good rest despite how cold the floor itself was.

The door creaked open, but he didn't seem to notice.

"Breakfast is ready, dearies," Edna said cheerfully, her voice barely above a whisper.

Nya opened her eyes slowly, cuddling against her blanket.

She moved her clinging hand to pull her pillow closer to her face.

How had it ended up on the floor, anyway?

When she heard a quiet chuckle, curiosity overtook her, taking just another peek at the figure at the door.

She looked down. Why the hell was her pillow pulling her back?

Oh.

Startled, she let out a yelp as she fell down on top of him, their hands still (unfortunately) intertwined.

Of course, he had the same reaction when she landed on his chest, quickly pulling away upon realising their situation.

Had he really held her hand all night like that? Or was it her?

Regardless, he could proudly declare that fiasco as the first taboo topic in their purely professional relationship.

All while his mother was standing at the door, laughing.

"We'd love to, Ms Walker, but you know... this business trip of ours is too important to miss."

She sipped on her coffee, smiling. "No problem, hun. And if you don't mind me making an observation, I'd say that bluebird's mismatched clothes aren't the most professional for a meeting."

Her face grew only slightly red as she stared down at herself and at the blue, now wrinkly clothes she had been wearing from the moment she had met him.

But the implications of said actions was what worried her more.

"How do you know they're his?"

"Please, dearie! It took him 6 months to learn how to do the laundry on his own. I've seen enough of his clothes and underwear to recognise them," she said, laughing. "Ya wouldn't happen to be wearing those too, would you?"

"Mum..." they heard grumbles at the door. Lo and behold, the Bluebird himself had just walked in, just in time to process the sight in front of him.

Despite her own embarrassment, she looked at his mother.

They laughed.

"How is your little project going, Jaybear?" Edna said.

"It's basically done. Pa said to keep an extra tire in the back just in case," he said. "That's what I came here to tell you before you started talking about my underwear, at least."