(internalized?) misogyny is the main antagonist of this book (+ the pasta sue)

So I completely gave up on trying to write writing advice, so let's talk about what keeps returning in the subtext of nearly every chapter of this book. From the blurb (noting how many fans hate pink or feminine themes solely because they are associated with women) to nonsensical hatred for the romance genre (also because it's associated with women), it just... Keeps seeping in.

It's misogyny!

Now, I feel that the Creepypasta fandom kind of had its rising along with the whole "Not Like Other Girls" invasion, and since horror is traditionally associated more with men, it makes sense that a lot of the young female fans feel like they aren't really all that feminine.

I could rant and rage about these girls, and how they are cringy and what not, but I kind of don't want to. Because I genuinely don't think that they are anywhere near the root of the problem, merely a symptom of it. 

Of course, misogyny is a very broad and old thing that has been a problem for centuries. Some misogynistic terms and claims date back to Ancient Greece and Rome - Creepypasta took no part in creating them, so discussing them here would be a lot of unnecessary and unrelated work that I don't feel like doing. However, there's a pattern in everything, and so too in the NLOG or "pick me girl" situations that seep into Creepypasta. 

That is, we keep making fun of the girls who are behaving a certain way, while it's men who created the problem. Girls wouldn't have to be picked or be unlike other girls if we didn't live in a misogynistic society. 

That brings us to the Pasta Sue stereotype that I want to discuss today, and how the blame for such is put on preteen girls, while I think... That the Pasta Sue doesn't actually exist. 

WHAT IS THE PASTA SUE?
The Pasta Sue is my nickname for the stereotypical "Mary Sue" in Creepypasta - it's the personification of bad OC's that is warned against in advice books or commentary videos. Some of the traits that she usually embodies (because only girl OC's are deemed cringy, seemingly) are as follows:

- A ridiculously long name that ends in "the Killer" (or one of the other pastas' names)

- Unnatural hair and eye colors, usually neon colored

- Skimpy outfits

- Lots of sex appeal

- Dates all the popular boy characters

- Self harm scars everywhere

- Big boobs 

- Badly written backstory

- Ineffective weapons

- Cheesy catchphrases, often lyrics stolen from songs

- A preteen?

- No matter her sexuality, it's brought up as something cringy

- Anime influences

- Has no weaknesses 

For those who have no idea what I mean, here are some examples: