can we make an ARG with as much impact as marble hornets or ben drowned??

So lately I've been thinking a bit about ARG's (Alternative Reality Games). They're a part that interlocks with the Creepypasta fandom that I actually really enjoy – they're often richer in content than just a horror short story, so I can hyperfixate on an extended period of time without just feeling interrupted by having to consume a few pages about a plot I'm not sure I care about; but they're also easier to just consume in short bursts without being confused. ARG's often feel more like puzzles with individual pieces and clues that you can observe, lay down, and pick up at another point whenever you like to. Both the lack of a specific way wherein you're meant to consume it and the different types of material make it feel more like doing research, which is something I love, so I really like them. It also feels more ethical than reading articles about real murder cases and stuff, so I can indulge my interest in armchair internet detective work without being self-righteous or stupid. 

But I was wondering, would the popular Creepypasta-esque ARG's still gain as much popularity now as they did in the late 2000's and early 2010's?

Would we even manage to create something that has a similar feeling?

Because a lot of what makes the most popular ARG's (BEN Drowned, Marble Hornets, possibly EverymanHYBRID though I still need to check that one out) so appealing to me is the nostalgia. I wasn't a teen or adult around 2010, so it reminds me more so of a time when I was about six years old, but once I began looking on the internet, it still looked very similar to when most of these ARG's started. So for me, it's kind of as if I'm figuring out what my non-existent older siblings would've been up to when I was a kid, so there's a nostalgic kind of "Oh, so this is what this term meant. I discovered a piece of the internet that was previously locked for me". 

I also wonder if these storylines would all work as well as they did back in the day, because bad editing feels a lot more obvious a lot of the time when done on a modern type of video, and there's no nostalgia to make possibly "cringeworthy" things in these things feel less obvious. 

Now I know that technically, a lot of the acting was already mediocre back when the popular ARG's blew up, so these things probably don't have to be an issue. I just wonder if anything made now would achieve similar feelings. (I'll probably have to check out EverymanHYBRID for this since that went on until 2018, and I suppose the new parts of BEN's ARG also are recent, but... I don't know, I think that these fandoms still run on a lot run of nostalgia)

Anyway the real question is: is anyone interested in creating an ARG with me?

I don't care if we've never spoken or if you don't know anything about ARG's or horror - I don't really expect a response but I think it'd just be a lot of fun to attempt creating an ARG. Of course we wouldn't be able to meet up and do scenes where we're in the same room, but we could still write stuff, maybe edit some low quality phone camera things, I don't know, I think there's a lot of fun to be had. So, on the off chance that someone reads this, comment or send me a message?