Little Night Owl

Fresh scent of pink potpourri  filled the box  they just opened,  it was definitely clear that they were having a little girl. 

" I have always dreamt of having a girl I just dont know why, maybe because I grew up with my cousin Jong Suk and I probably wonder what it's like to have a baby girl. I am so happy love." 

" I am too, and I can already imagine dressing her up.  Love, thank you for spending Christmas with us, I know you had to leave eommoni and I didn't really want you to ..." 

" Hey eomma understands. Besides this is the first time we are spending Christmas away. She wants me to to be with my family this time.  Love, I know we are not even married yet, but I would love us to get married. I dont have a ring yet...but.. I just want to ask, will you marry me Cha Mi Jo? " 

" I dont care even if we are not engaged, or you didnt propose yet. Of course I want to marry you Kook-sshi. Why  have an engagment when we can get married anytime here?   We can have a civil union and when this little one is born and can already walk, she can be our flower girl when we decide to do the church wedding." 

"Are you sure of this? How long is the process? " 

" I already asked around,  and my friend says we can go and register, we can do it tomorrow, is that ok?  Maybe we can be wed same week, or is it too fast?" 

 " What's too fast between two 34 year old adults and are having a baby? Let's do it.Oh I cannot believe this, it's like a dream. " I will cook for you today and the rest of the days while I am here." 

"Can you rest first? you havent had a good sleep love." 

" It's ok,  I felt so awake the moment I saw you." 

"So cheesy ... Are you making ramyeon? " 

"Again? are you for real?" 

" Yes I want some with the pork slices please?" 

" Give me an hour ok?  Have you eaten something for breaky?" 

" Yes I made eggs on toast." 

" Good and I have a list of vitamins a pregnant woman should be  taking....

" Love?  Of course, I am a doctor, that's covered Mr. Kang  and I also drink milk for pregnant women." 

" Ok, also  I learned that you need to stick to lean meat, so today is an exemption, after this we should have less pork, ok? We also need to stock up some berries, lots of dairy products, salmon...hmmmmm    what else? I listed them.." 

" I know what to have, relax ok?  We will have the same meals from now on." 

 The aroma of the pork ramyeon  made Mi Jo so hungry already that she could no longer wait to go to the kitchen. 

" Hmmm I want to have some now,  is it ok?" "

" Just take a seat, I will pour it in a bowl ok, baby girl appa cooked for you today. Hope you will like it."