3

I didn't update! I know! I just had to think of 'non-stupid' plot. I also had my exams going. Whatever! Here you go!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers!

.

.

"I'm so sorry for your loss. Luka was a great man, and a great music player too." said Samantha Dewhurst, her co-worker, while patting her shoulders.

Marinette merely nodded. It was her first day back to work as a researcher in the Department of design Research and Development but she didn't really feel like doing anything. She felt a pang in her heart everytime someone would come up to her and say, 'I'm so sorry for your loss,' 'Luka was a great man' or 'Luka was a great music player.'

She tried to feel something, really. but how could she when she didn't even remember him?

It was like one of those times, when you hear someone die in the news. You feel sad for a while, but forget about it eventually because that person wasn't really that close to you.

But they were close, sweet Merlin they were about to get married too...

She sighed.

She had a mixture of different emotions; specifically guilt for not feeling miserable enough, and anger at herself for letting Damian win again. She shoved her emotions out of the way and tried to busy herself with her designs and art.

The department was quiet when she started mixing up the ingredients. Everyone probably thought she needed some alone time and she was thankful for this. She needed to lose herself. She needed to relax or she would go mad. She sniffed the perfume coming of her newly stitched dress and smelled the intoxicating scent of the mint herbs. She watched, satisfied, as the dress formed a wavy pattern.

"Marinette."

She turned and cringed slightly at the sight of brown hair, accidentally cuttimg a bit more than necessary.

"Oh no." The dress turned shocking pink this time, the waves of the dress shaking and shaking.

"DUCK!" she yelled.

The dress exploded with a deafening sound, splattering pink goo everywhere.

Bugger. Now she had to start all over again. She spat the liquid substance that got inside her mouth, stood up and pursed her lips at the pink mess. She had been stupid enough to think that filling the dress with pink waves would make it more beautiful.

"Alya told me to come check on you." came Rose's dreamy voice. Her clothes and hair were disheveled, covered in pink goo. Marinette chuckled at the sight. She walked over to Rose and hugged her tightly. "And to invite you to our house for dinner too."

"When did you get back?" Marinette asked while grabbing a cloth and cleaning Rose's clothes.

Rose was a naturalist. She travelled the world looking for various mad creatures and places.

"Just yesterday." She replied serenely. Marinette started cleaning the walls. "I just had a feeling you needed help, with Luka gone and Damian Wayne back and everything."

Marinette stopped momentarily.

"Oh, so Alya told you?"

"That Damian Wayne came back? Yes." "I suppose it was only a matter of time."

Marinette fidgeted awkwardly. Talking to Rose always made her feel rather uneasy. She didn't know what Rose was thinking half the time and she hardly understood what she was saying.