8

I wanted to update earlier but I kept changing things. I'm entirely unsure about this chapter. If you find errors it's probably because I tried to change things. hahaha.

WARNING : THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS DARK THEMES. No joke :O

To clear things up: when I say heart, I mean feeling and loving. I didn't mean Damian literally didn't have a heart. That's just crazy :))

And thanks to all the beautiful people who reviewed the previous chapter!!. *offers pepperoni-flavored donuts*

Here you go then :)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"What do you mean you're coming with me?" she howled in horror, her jaw hitting the ground.

Damian paid her no mind and entered her flat while she was too stunned to stop him. Not that she could have anyways, even if she tried.

He made his way to the sitting room with such ease, eyeing the place in interest. It was furnished with the occasional sofa, chairs, a table, a bookshelf and a fireplace. The walls were covered with cream striped wallpaper. It looked like a normal sitting room that was cozy, welcoming and very small.

It was like a closet, actually, compared to the one in the Manor.

"You—you can't— come with me. That trip is strictly for Unexhibitables only!" By this time, Marinette had finally come to her senses and stomped her way towards him. "Not to mention, you're not trained to deal with these sorts of things! Wayne! Are you even listening to me?"

He stared at the pictures atop her fireplace, and traced his fingers lightly over the porcelain frames.

"I can't come, I'm not trained, the trip is strictly for Unexhibitables only," he said lazily, not sparing her another glance. "Are you done?"

He continued to explore the rest of her flat, walking to the kitchen with supreme confidence, as if he very well owned the place.

Marinette followed him angrily, gripping his suit like a spoilt child and telling him to get out. He found it rather cute, the way she would carelessly touch him knowing what he had done in his past, what he was capable of. She was finally comfortable around him and it only taken her five years and a traditional marriage bond.

Honestly.

He grabbed the hand that was still attached to his robes and dragged her with him as he observed the other rooms of her flat. He inhaled deeply, taking in her unique scent. The whole place felt like her... her essence, her aura, her addicting smell. He felt another small pounding in his chest, one that was decidedly not his own.

Five years ago he would have jumped out of a hundred feet high window at the prospect of having a heart. His whole life had been built without it. He had been forced to conceal his emotions, for they were nothing but weaknesses that clouded his mind, hindrances that kept him from gaining more power. But when he had sealed the bond and tied their souls together, he hadn't expected to see the whole world change before his eyes. He hadn't expected to feel something again.

It had driven him mad, mad enough to want to kill himself. But not mad enough to leave Dupain Cheng.

Now he relished it, his heart, he accepted it with open arms. Somewhat... Well to be honest, the thought of having a heart still disgusted him. But sharing a heart with her, that was a different thing altogether.

Of course he still killed and manipulated, but at least now he felt a little remorse. Just a little.

That counted as something, right? Right?