Chapter 3

Serine took a deep breath and closed her eyes tightly. Pagod na pagod na siya at halos mag gagabi na rin ngunit niya pa rin makuhang tawagin ang kanyang tagapangalaga.

She thought of training herself after arriving earlier in the deepest forests, but some memory of Nathasia entered her mind that attracted her attention. Summoning of the Guardian. According to Nathasia's memory, summoning a guardian didn't require attributes, it required a strong soul and mental strength. That's why she wants to try summoning hers.

She has been exerting mental strength, which is giving her a splitting headache.

Puno ng pawis ang likod at mukha ni Serine. Her face was pale from exhaustion, but she didn't give up.

Only her guardian can protect her from harm if she encounters an enemy above the spiritual warrior. 

 Again, Serine calmed her mind and slowly close her eyes.

"Evro astreás xelví! I summon you my guardian!" Malakas na sigaw niya.

Suddenly, her entire body was surrounded by a ball of light. Serine was unaware that her soul had slowly left Nathasia's body.

Bigla ay nakaramdam siya na para bang sinusunog ng apoy ang kanyang buong katawan. 

Gustong sumigaw ni Serine sa sobrang sakit pero pinigilan niya ang kanyang sarili. Kinagat niya ang kanyang pang-ibabang labi hanggang sa dumugo ito.

Lumipas ang ilang oras ay may isang maliit na bilog ng apoy ang lumabas sa noo ni Serine. It stops one meter away from her face. The little fire gradually grows bigger, like the size of a human head.

The fire slowly revealed its true form.

It's a nine-tailed fox!

If anyone is here today I'm sure they will be astonished by what they see.  A nine-tailed fox, one of the three most powerful guardians, exists in a legend from hundreds of thousands of years ago. The whole Achelous would fight for it, and even worse, the other dimensions or upper world would join in subduing it.

Every part of its body is a treasure, that is how precious a nine-tailed fox is.

After the pain slowly subsided, she felt comfortable all over her body. The reason she was suffering so much pain was that her mortal body couldn't handle the domineering power of a nine-tailed fox.

Iminulat ni Serine ang kanyang mga mata at isang puting mabalahibong nilalang ang bumungad sa kanyang harapan.

It has a deep red eyes and a symbol of fire on its forehead. Ang buong katawan nito ay napapalibutan ng puting balahibo at meron itong siyam na buntot.

Its appearance looks familiar.

Serine looks at it suspiciously. It must be her Guardian, 'Well, it looks stupid and unreliable.'  she thought. 

Serine saw its eyes widen and angrily stare at her as if it heard her thoughts.

Serine felt guilty for no reason, she hugged the angry small ball and poked its fluffy face. "You're so cute. You must be my Guardian right?" She softly asked.

Nakangiti si Serine habang nakatitig dito. Nakatitig lamang ito sa kanya at hindi gumagalaw. She frowned, "Her guardian wouldn't be stupid right?" 

A cute and angry voice sounded in her mind. "I'm not stupid!" 

Serine was taken aback and then said calmly, "So it's not stupid." napatango siya.

Even if the nine-tailed fox wanted to get angry with Serine, it couldn't do it. The master is so beautiful, it made him stunned for a while. He will reluctantly forgive her for calling him stupid.