Chapter 2

"Can we just please not talk about this right now?" Clem begs as the dread head beside her continues to rant about the letter.

He scoffs, pushing down the acceleration peddle a little more as he drives, "Not talk about it? Clementine, this is serious."

"Okay, stop saying my name like that. It's really irritating." She says, turning to glare at him.

He makes a sharp turn, "That's seriously not the point right now! You have a stalker! A stalker that knows where you live and probably how to get in. I can't believe you're not freaking out about this!" Louis shakes his head, gripping the steering wheel.

"I am freaking out about it, Lou. Can you just please calm down?" She softly places her hand on his knee, only making him get slightly less tense. So she repeats, "Please?"

He sighs, "Fine. But this is serious, Clem. I don't want anything bad happening to you."

"It won't. We'll talk about it later. Just relax.." She soothingly rubs her thumb on his knee for a few seconds until he visibly gets calmer.

He now relaxes in his seat, "No changing the subject when I bring it up later..."

"I won't." She smiles.

"I mean it." He shoots her a stern look.

"Okay, Mr. Dominant, I won't change the subject." She jokes, raising her hands in the air for her defense.

He snickers, "You're usually the dominant one."

"Yeah- outside of the bedroom I am.." She says, but then instantly squeezing her eyes shut and blushes, using her hands to cover her face.

"Clementine!" Louis laughs with a shocked expression.

She sighs, removing her hands but the blush still there, "You've changed me. I find about everything dirty now."

He replies in a laugh, shaking his head. She quietly curses to herself, slightly ashamed that Louis could possibly change her from innocent to.. this.

"Shit." Louis mutters as they pull into the driveway, a nice suburban house in front of them. They were lucky to have even parked in the driveway since there were lots of cars.. and family.

People were scattered in the front lawn and the side backyard, some young children dressed in costumes running around as well.

Louis let's out a shaky breath, noticeably nervous as he fiddles with his shirt button, "We couldn't have just ridden with your dad?"

Clem rolls her eyes.

"Basically the one person that likes me; we couldn't have rode with him?" Now he looks at her, a cringed look on his face.

"Louis, it's gonna be fine." She gets out of the car, making him do the same. "It's just a couple of hours. Calm down."

He rubs the back of his neck, muttering, "Easy for you to say.."

Not even thirty seconds later, Lee's parents start to approach the couple.

"Oh, fuck me in the a- HEY!" He greets them a bit too loud, making Clem wince a little as she covers her ear slightly.

"Hello, Louis." The older man smiles, hunching over slightly due to having to walk with a cane. "Clementine." He adds with a nod.

Lee's mom on the other hand.. "Clementine! Oh, I've missed you!" She wraps her arms around the brunette, squeezing tightly as she places kisses along her face. Surprisingly, Clem's face was left untouched by the red lipstick that her adoptive grandmother was wearing.