Chapter 4

⚠️Warning: physical abuse⚠️

(sort of "sexual" part in the beginning that I'm embarrassed of lol 😂😭)

•••

6 years ago

The two were kissing each other vigorously, the need for the other had been strongly intensified over the past few days. They needed each other.

Devon trails his hands along her body, her hips, waist, everywhere. He pulls his lips away from hers to place soft kisses down her neck; his hands trailing up to the sensitive spot on her back, and as expected, she lets out a breathless gasp.

He smirks, returning his lips back to hers as he roughly pulls her body against his.

Clem wraps her arms around his neck, pulling him closer as he grabs her thigh and lifts her against the wall slightly. He wraps her legs around his waist while she's pressed against the wall, he holds her hips while the two mold their lips together, grinding against one another- (AAH- I HATE writing like thiiiiis😰😂).

Without warning, she lets out a loud moan. The two instantly stop, Devon gently putting her down as he quickly covers her mouth with his hand.

They wait a few seconds, listening intently to see if anyone was coming - or if someone had heard them.

After long, dreaded minutes, they slowly start to continue - only this time, they do it much more quietly. The second his lips meet hers, the door opens, light shining through and they both quickly pull away from each other again.

The person standing at the door, doesn't even blink, they just grab Devon by the collar and practically drag him out. Clem fixes her clothes before she rushes behind them, chewing her nails. She would have yelled for them to stop, but because the other family members - and possibly Duck - could hear, she remained quiet as she trailed behind them.

The person throws Devon outside, and he quickly stands with the most anxious look on his face. The person speaks in a stern voice, swiftly telling the two off before they go back inside.

Clem and Devon share a look at each other, knowing that this is probably - and sort of was - the last time they would see each other.

A couple months later

"What were you doing?!" Matthew yells as he throws the bedside lamp. Clementine stays across the room, hands balled to her chest in fright, wincing every time he breaks or smashes something.

"What were you thinking?!" Matthew continues, now taking slow, angry steps- no, stomps towards her.

She carefully backs away, swearing under her breath when she's eventually pressed against the wall.

"Are you that stupid?" He speaks lower, now a few feet away from her.

Clementine stays silent, her eyes tearing up.

Matthew then hits the wall next to her, making her jump, "FUCKING ANSWER ME!"

"I'm so, so, so sorry! I didn't mean to!" She squeals, fresh tears now sliding down her cheeks.

Matthew continues to glare at her, his hand still on the wall next to her head.

"I didn't mean to-" before she can finish, his fist collides with her stomach, sending her to the floor.

She gasps for air, clutching her stomach.

Matthew gets down so he's on his knee, having that same glare, "I don't have time for excuses. Just because you 'didn't mean to,' doesn't mean that it just fixes everything!"