Chapter 6

I'M SORRY!!!
Not too long after I posted chapter 5, I got sick.. took a test.. and found out I had Covid 😐
AMAZING, RIGHT?!😭
So I never really got to start working on this chapter.. sooo.. sorry for it being late lol
I'm still sick writing the beginning of this - I'll try my best to do a good job😂

👆I wrote that like 3 months ago.
Ima not even explain myself but I LOST MY FUCKING NOTES
So then I had to put the whole story together (including stuff that hasn't even happened yet) and yeah.. very fun
Whatever just enjoy the chapter pls😭💀

•••

Clementine wakes up in her old bedroom. At first she snuggles into her pillow and tries to go back to sleep.. but then she remembers last night. She shuffles to find her phone, lifting up the blankets and tossing them around. Eventually the phone slips out of the blanket and falls into her lap. She picks up the phone, turning it on - but before she can call him, she sees a text on her lock screen,

Clementine, I need to think about things.. about my parents, us, everything. So I've gone on a trip- some kind of resort. I don't know when I'll be back. Please don't bother calling since my phone will probably be off the whole time. I love you <3
-Louis

So he.. left?
Instead of facing his problems he just.. left? That was odd.. definitely wasn't like Louis. But maybe he was trying something new?
After all, this was a pretty tough situation - even Clem didn't know how to feel about it.

She kicks the blanket off of her and stands from the bed, making her way to the door and down the stairs. She instantly smells the sweet aroma of pancakes.

"Morning, sweet pea!" Lee greets happily, flipping a pancake on the pan with a sizzling sound.

"Morning." Clem replies with a small smile. She pulls out a chair and sits at the table across from AJ.

"Morning, kiddo." She leans over to ruffle the boys hair, getting a giggle out of him.

Lee chuckles, putting a plate of pancakes in front of Clementine, "Not so much of a kid anymore."

"You're so sappy" AJ rolls his eyes, stabbing a pancake with his fork and taking a bite.

"What?! It feels like just yesterday that you were a little baby!" Lee cradles an invisible baby in his arms just to show how small he used to be while AJ groans with a cringed expression.

"Yeah.. it doesn't really feel that long ago..." Clem adds as she cuts her pancake, remembering old memories of the little-5-year-old-savage.

AJ groans once more, "Ugh! Enough!"

"Alright, alright."

Lee moves back to the stove, "So, Clem, you heard from Louis?"

"Yup. He said he was going on some.. resort." She sighs.

"Orrrr some getaway with a lot of girls!" AJ laughs.

Clem glares at the boy, "AJ!" But he only giggles.

"Resort?" Lee asks. "Yeah. Said he had to think or something- I dunno." Clem sighs once again.

"Well.." Lee now sits at the table with his own plate of pancakes, "when do you want me to drive ya' back?"

Clem scrunches her nose playfully, "Kicking me out already?"

"No!" He raises his hands and voice in defense.

"I know, I know."

"You can stay here for as long as you like, sweet pea."

"I know! But.. I would like to go back home."

•••
A few days later

Louis still wasn't home - which was no surprise to Clementine. He did say he didn't know when he'd be back.. so she didn't expect any texts or calls from him when he'd be on his way home.

Of course, if another week or two went by she would be trying to contact him or at least know where he was - but, she wasn't at that point yet as she sat on the couch, watching some movie, not worrying about a single thing.. even though her boyfriend was most likely getting tortured right now...

Violet emerges from the hallway, her face covered with the hood of her hoodie and her pale blonde hair. Clementine, having not seeing her in days, gives her a big smile, "Hey, Vi! Haven't seen you in a while."

"Yeah.." Violet returns a small smile and continues walking to her destination. She goes to the kitchen and opens the fridge.. probably looking for chicken nuggets. She crouches down to look through the context of the fridge, but then she realizes something. She instantly stands, her face contorted in one of worry, "Hey, Clem, um.. has Louis been around?"

"Uh, no? You didn't know?" Clem answers from the living room.

"Wha-" Violet says with a worried tone. She quickly clears her throat and leans against the wall with her arms crossed, calming herself and clearing her expression, "Where is he?"

"Some resort." Clem instantly answers, her mouth full of popcorn, no worry in her tone once so ever.

"Did he.. say when he was going to be back?" Violet asks.

"Nope! He didn't know when he was gonna be back." Clem replies again.

Violet hums a response, standing straight and closing the fridge door and makes her way back to her room.

She falls onto her bed and dials a number.

Ring...
Ring...
Ring...
"I'm sorry, your call has been directed to an auto-"
"Dammit!" Violet groans in annoyance, dialing the number again.
Ring...
Ring...
Ri-
"What?!" The real Minnie answers.
"Hey, Minnie. Were you here the other night??"
"Uh- no?" Minerva answers in a confused tone,
"Is- is this some kind of prank?"
"What-? No!" Violet quickly reassures her.
"So.. you weren't here to talk to Louis or anything like that?"
"Louis? Why the fuck would I wanna talk to Louis?" Minnie laughs.
...
"Seriously no?" Violet questions again.
"Seriously no, Vi."
"Ok, thanks." Violet hangs up before she can reply.

Then she dials another number

Ring...
Ri-...
"hh- hELLo?"
"Ugh- THAT'S your groggy voice?" Violet internally gags.
"What?... you woke me uppp." Marlon sighs.
"Marlon.. I think we have a problem."
"'We'?"
"Yeah..."
...
"Well, what?!" Marlon groans in annoyance.

"I-... I think something bad happened to Louis."

•••

w/c: 1039