Chapter 9: Yeong

A few days later

These last few days have passed pleasantly, especially since I found a place to spar. Keeping my training up has given me a sense of normality despite the current situation we are in, it comforts and de-stresses me.

Jin has been I guess you can say our chef while we've been staying here as he's been making the majority of everyone's meals so far. I'm extremely grateful for this as I know for a fact a lot of the boys can't cook. Lunch today especially smells amazing and I walk or more like float into the kitchen following the scent. "What's on the menu today Jin?" I say practically drooling.

"Ramyun, I found a bunch of it in one of the cupboards," Jin says nonchalantly.

"Ooh! I haven't had ramyun in ages." I say and sit down at the small breakfast bar.

Hobi, Jimin and Jungkook all pile into the kitchen sniffing the air and make their way over to Jin. They lean on top of him and look into the pot in front of him. "Yah! I can't cook with all of you in here!" Jin says in an annoyed tone and shrugs the three boys off of him.

"Ah hyung, will you make it extra spicy?" Hobi asks, smacking his lips together.

"Not too spicy though, right?" Jimin interjects.

"It will be however spicy I want it!" Jin says loudly.

I laugh at their bickering and turn the volume dial on the radio up, All Stars by Smash Mouth is playing through the speakers. "Ooh, turn it up louder Hailey!" Jungkook says excitedly and I turn the dial a few more notches.

"Hey now, you're an all-star, get your game on, go play~" Jungkook and Jimin sing along with the song. Moments like these make me forget all my worries.

"Only a shooting star breaks the mo-"

BANG.

Everyone freezes at the sound of gunfire, was that really a gunshot just now? The room is tense and Hobi turns the radio off and the boys begin listening in for any other sounds about the house. Two more shots echo through the walls and I jump on the spot, Jin immediately comes to my side and holds me close behind him. I watch as the boys pull their guns from their waists, what is happening?

They raise their guns and we slowly edge towards the front of the house to the source of gunfire. Jin holds me tightly behind him as we creep along the wall to the front door and as we get closer another loud bang reverberates against the house and I hear a scream follow. I think it sounds like Taehyung. Is he hurt!? Fuck!

We make it to the front of the house and find the front door wide open with Yoongi standing there with his gun drawn. I can just about see Namjoon with his gun in the air too and Teahyung slumped against the front of the car on the drive, his arm covered in blood. His usually light fluffy brown hair is now stuck flatly against his forehead as a veil of rain starts to spit onto the ground. His teeth are gritted together in pain as he clutches his bloody arm. I cover my mouth in shock.

Hobi, Jimin and Jungkook run outside to flank Yoongi's side, taking their positions to give him support. Jin stays inside with me and presses himself up against the edge of the window to observe the situation. I grip his arm anxiously.

"Yeong I take it?" Yoongi spits.

Over Jin's shoulder, I look across the drive to see a burly-looking figure standing there with a cigarette in his mouth his face is obscured slightly by the black sunglasses he's wearing but even from here, I can see the large scar covering his cheek. Several other men are standing around the man along the drive.

The man inhales a large puff of his cigarette before throwing it aggressively onto the ground, squishing it out with his foot. In his other hand is a revolver, he removes his sunglasses and places them inside his jacket pocket and his small and beady eyes scan the area. His hair is on the longer side as it hangs down to just touch his cheeks. The aura this guy is giving off is terrifying. "That is correct," his voice is deep and he smirks at Yoongi menacingly.

"You're trespassing,"

"Oh are we? My apologies, you see we're here to meet someone." Yeong says loudly. The rain is starting to pick up.

"And who would that be?"

"Oh why Hailey of course," Yeong says in an amusing tone. He knows I'm here and he's just playing along for fun. I feel my body stiffen at the sound of my name, how does he know who I am?

"She's not here," Yoongi says darkly through his teeth.

"That's too bad. She won't be too happy to hear that."

"She?"

"Yes, her. Why don't you let us have a look around? Just to be sure." Yeong flicks his head at his men to start moving towards the house.

"No, you can go to hell," Yoongi yells out and then everything turns into a blur. In the space of what felt like seconds, several gunshots pop off. Jin spins me around and throws me into Yoongi's arms and runs outside to switch places and deal with the chaos that was currently unfolding.

I don't even have a chance to breathe as Yoongi pulls me along with him to the opposite end of the house and down into the basement. He quickly flips the light switch on and pulls a dirty sheet away from the side of the room revealing a large motorbike.

"Yoongi what-"

"There's no time Hailey."

Yoongi throws me a helmet and a one-piece leather to wear before putting on one himself, "Quick put that on," He says in a rush.

"What are we doing?" I say in a panic.

"Look Hailey, we're making a break for it so hurry up and put the gear on!"

The gunshots are more frequent now and my body jolts slightly at each one. "What about the guys? We can't just leave them!" What if someone gets seriously hurt because of me?

"They'll be fine," Yoongi says and zips himself up.

"Yoongi-"

"Hailey! They're giving us an opportunity to get away. The longer we take, the longer they're going to have a hard time so get your gear on!"

I look at Yoongi for a second before I climb into the suit he passes me. I zip it up and Yoongi puts my helmet on my head for me. "It's all gonna work out but we have to get out of here first, okay?" Yoongi says apologetically.

I nod my head at him and climb onto the back of the motorbike and I grip his torso tightly as he revs the engine. The basement garage door opens and I squeeze my eyes tightly shut as we whiz into the madness.

A/N

What's going to happen to Hailey and Yoongi now that they're on the run? Will the others be alright?

Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

See you in 4 days 💜

Before The Shadow: White Chrysanthemum Flowersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें