Story 19

【19.】

Xu Chi was sitting in the corner of KTV room, bored.

The friend-making activity was a blind date party. All kinds of snacks are available. Amidst colorful light, boys and girls were singing on the stage, although they didn’t know who organized the activity. Xu Chi stayed in a corner and watched people on the stage happily singing one song after another. He thought the whole friend-making thing was oddly amazing. After all, it was the first time for them to meet each other. But how could they be well acquainted with each other as if they had known each other for years?

He was sitting next to his roommate, without any interest in the activity. The flickering light of his cell phone were reflected on his face, and he was staring carefully at the screen, eyebrows knitted.

“Um... Go this way.”

“No! Here!”

“Alas. Game over...”

Xu Chi looked up, finding a girl on his left side with an oval face smiling with a pair of canine teeth. She said, “Sorry for bothering you. I just saw you being stuck in the game and I tried to help you.”

“It’s okay,” said the roommate, who was overwhelmingly enthusiastic when he saw an attractive girl, “the skills of Cutie Chi are always as poor as you have seen. Even if you didn’t remind him just now, he couldn’t pass this level.”

Xu Chi rolled his eyes. His roommate seemed to forget that it was exactly he himself who was excitedly guiding Xu Chi how to pass this level.

“Is your name Cutie Chi? It sounds special!”

“No, his real name is Xu Chi,” said his roommate, “Cutie Chi is his stage name.”

What? He was talking nonsense Again. Xu Chi gave his roommate a harsh look, which made his roommate shrunk his neck with fear. These interactions were noticed by the girl, then she burst into giggling.

“You’re so cute.” The girl praised Xu Chi without hesitation.

“Thank you... Um, you’re attractive.” Xu Chi was a real gay, so his knowledge about women only came from his mom and a small number of female fans online. Although he was good-looking, he had been keeping girls away politely since he realized his sexual orientation.

“My name is...”

The girl’s voice was drowned out by an exciting scream. She looked up and wondered what happened. Xu Chi saw two young men surrounded by a group of people coming in.

“Sorry. I’m late.” Tang Yanzhi kept calm although he was surrounded by the crowd.

A boy said, “Apology not accepted. Have a drink first.”

Everyone’s spirit went high instantly. Looking at that person, Xu Chi asked: “Who is he?”

“You never heard about him?” The girl winked mischievously, “He was Tang Yanzhi, the popular man in A university.”

The name rang a bell. Xu Chi said, “It sounds familiar…”

“In the official Weibo account of A university, someone had ever posted a new comment and regarded Tang Yanzhi as the most unforgettable man one has ever seen, but as for me...,” the girl rubbed her chin and looked Xu Chi up and down, “I think you can vie with him for it.”

The girl leaned close to him and said, “Seriously, you’re the student in the Management Department, aren’t you? You are handsome. Why haven’t I seen you before? Do you have a girlfriend? Well, if you had one, you wouldn’t have attended this activity. So, do you like boys or girls?”