Story 31-36

【31.】

When Xu Chi finished his last exam, it rained.

Once he walked out of the classroom, a blast of cold air blew directly into his face. He forgot to check the weather forecast before going out, so he was stuck in the teaching building, waiting for the rain to stop.

Xu Chi handed in the answer sheet before the exam ended, while his roommate was still working on it in the classroom. Taking out his cell phone from his pocket, he noticed someone had @'d him in a message.

Tingting: @ Shortie Dear Shortie, have you finished the exam?

Tangtang: It won’t be so fast. The exam is supposed to be started at 1:30 p.m., while it’s only 2:30 p.m. now. What’s more, his last exam is about the tax law. Only the immortal could finish this exam so early.

Tingting: ??? How come you know everything?

Tangtang: He told us his last exam was the tax law. 

Tingting: I mean the time of it!

Tangtang: Call me Fortune teller Tangtang, please.

Tingting: ?

Tingting: You must have asked someone to spy on him!!! Tell me why you know so many things!

Xu Chi: [Crying emoticon]

Tingting: Oh My God! My dear writer shows up!! He must be the immortal!

Tangtang: ?

Tangtang: Shortie, what happened to you? Why are you crying?

Xu Chi: It’s raining now. I didn’t take an umbrella. [Crying emoticon] I’m staying in the teaching building now. My roommate hasn’t finished the exam yet. He didn’t take an umbrella either...

Tingting: [Crying emoticon] Don’t get wet in the rain, or you will have a cold! Yu can share an umbrella with other classmates.

Xu Chi: No other classmate.

Tingting: ?

Xu Chi: I am the first one finishing the exam. Others are still taking the exam...

Tingting: [Crying emoticon] I wish I could bring an umbrella to you, but I am in City B now. Do you have a hat or something?

Xu Chi: I wear a coat.

Xu Chi: Without hat.

Tingting: Then you’d better wait until the rain lets up a bit. Or, after your roommate finishes the exam, let him go back first and take the umbrella to pick you up.

Xu Chi: ...

Tingting: @ Tangtang Where is she? She has disappeared since you talked with us.

Tingting: @ Tangtang @ Tangtang @ Tangtang

【32.】

Xu Chi looked up at the rain, which seemed not to let up a bit. Then he stared at his mobile phone, chatting with Tingting in order to kill the time.

“What are you doing here?”

A voice suddenly came from behind Xu Chi.

Turning around, he saw Tang Yanzhi standing in front of him with an umbrella in hand.

Xu Chi raised his eyebrows and said, “You spoke my words.”

Tang Yanzhi pointed to the stairs of the teaching building. “I just finished my exam and went downstairs from there.”

Xu Chi asked skeptically, “Students of Law Department are also so late to finish the exam, huh?”

“Anything wrong?” said Tang Yanzhi, “You didn’t bring your umbrella?”