Xingqui Catchup

Request by   @_kaeya_jest_sus_ Sorry it took MONTHS TwT

Also!!! Tell me if you want a character. I might pick 1 or two, but I want to pick one now so I won't do too much l8r!

Finding You-

     "Blasted!" the young male shouted aloud as the current book he was reading was left on a cliffhanger. "Sigh... as tedious as it is, I guess I will just have to wait for the next instalment." he groans while shaking his head.

     "In the meantime, I guess I'll stop by the library to check out some of the new books. I heard they got a new series shipped in...".

      Xingqui mumbles to himself while heading to the door. But when he opened it, he was a little shocked.

      Outside... was a baby.

      Wrapped in a f/c quilt, and fast asleep. From what Xingqui could see, you were likely a few months old. Xingqui thought, "How peculiar," yet he felt compelled to protect you. Without realizing it, he had picked you up. You stirred awake and Xingqui slightly panicked. But he was put at ease when he looked closely. Your e/c eyes were furrowed and your lip was quivering as if you were about to cry. But you didn't.

     Right then, right there. He decided. He'll protect you. He'll raise you. He'll give you the best life.

Naming You-

He named you after a famous author 😑

First Steps-

You were sitting in your playpen just watching your father doing paperwork. You looked around to see what you could do. But littered around were either books or toys that were overplayed. You shook your head and tried to stand up. 

You fell. 

But that didn't deter you. You tried and failed a few more times, your Father not noticing this entire time. At this point, you wanted to give up. And your lip was quivering, but you fight back and tried once more.

You did it.

You stood. But now, was the hardest part. Walking. If you fail now, it'll all be in vain.

So deep breath in, deep one out. You put your right first, left, right again, left. You were doing it. You walked to your father and patted his thigh. He looked down startled, but quickly his face lit up!

"Y/N! Munchkin! Did you walk all the way over here! Argh! Why was I so enthralled in this! I didn't get to see!". He picked you up and booped your nose. "I promise I'll witness all your other amazing moments. I love you Y/N!".

First Words-

No one knew how smart you were. I mean, you were still barely a toddler. But, in that little brain was someone who would grow up to be a prodigy someday. Someone who could reach great things. You already knew how to read. Even vaguely write. But you did that in private, so it wasn't known at all.

One day you were in your play corner sitting in a beanbag reading the standard picture book with a small paragraph or two per page. It wasn't the pictures you were focused on tho. It was the black calligraphy. How each stroke curved. How each radical gave a new meaning to the context. You were so caught up in it you didn't realize you were reading aloud. And certainly, you didn't realize your father come in to check on you.

"Mr. Benson Bee, I'm going to ask what I think the entire court here would like to know... what exactly is your relationship to that woman?" you read perfectly in your high-pitched voice. You glanced up and noticed your father gaping.