Christmas

Tw; mentions of self harm

Kordelia groaned as Hermione gently shook her awake for the second time.

"Just because you drank too much doesn't mean you get to skip out on Christmas, Kordelia MacKenzie!" Hermione scolded her. "If you get up now, I'll give you a pain relief potion."

Kore sighed dramatically and slowly sat up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She looked over to one of her best friends, seeing her dressed in a maroon sweater dress and black tights. Her curly hair looked absolutely perfect, falling in ringlets passed her shoulders. She didn't look the least bit hungover.

Hermione handled her the potion in a small vial. Kore didn't hesitate in drinking it, trusting Hermione. After a moment she felt immediate relief. She thanked her best friend, stood, and made her way to the bathroom.

Kore glared at her reflection in the mirror after undressing to shower, seeing her long dark hair in a tangled mess, dark circles clear against her pale skin, and bright red cuts still in various stages of healing dotted her upper arms. She had done a handful of them after Draco had walked her back to her people free dorm. She had been doing so well, having gone a few weeks without the need to feel pain, to see the blood. The memories of her parents hatred for her had grown too strong after recounting them. Blame it on the alcohol.

She tore herself away from the mirror and turned the water on. After stepping in, she winced at the feeling of the hot water against her still closing wounds, but quickly got over it.

After her shower, Kore dressed in a pair of ripped black jeans and a red, long sleeved velvet shirt with a lower cut box neckline. She tucked the shirt into the jeans. After brushing and drying her hair, she braided the side back before pinning it into a bun, exposing the tattoo on the back of her neck. She did light makeup, enough to cover up the dark circles and any other mild imperfections, as well as a small winged eyeliner look, and mascara.

After she stepped out of the bathroom, she put on black fuzzy socks, and then a pair of boots that went just passed her ankles that matched her shirt.

"Are you ready for breakfast?" Hermione asked. Kore nodded and followed the girl out.

"Oh, one more thing. I got you a new music player to download your songs to, this one allows you to separate the songs into playlists. Happy Christmas, Kore." Hermione said as she pulled out a slightly larger iPod from her bag and handed it to the girl. Kore smiled brightly and tucked it into her pocket with her other iPod and headphones.

"Thank you so much, Mi. I appreciate you." Kore beamed. Hermione pulled out two sets of wireless earbuds, similar to ones Kore owned herself.

"I charmed three sets of these to be able to hear whatever song you're playing from either music player." She told Kore. "One for myself, one for Malfoy, and one for Alessia. This way we can all stay connected."

"You're a genius, Mi." Kore complimented the girl. Hermione linked arms with Kore as they approached their table. Hermione handed out the earbud cases to the other two already seated, explaining their purpose once more.

Once they were all seated, Kore sipped her cappuccino that Draco had gotten for her already, relaxing now that she was with her three favorite people.

"So, families will start arriving after lunch." Alessia explained to the group. "They will be staying for dinner. Staff will be serving families, instead of our typical dinner lines. After that, you're welcome to stay for activities or wander the school grounds and catch up. Before dinner, you're also welcome to roam, just remember to be back by six. Any idea who's coming for you all? My mother won't show."