Who are you?

Many years ago, when our dear Emma was just a small thing, she was faced with many hardships and trials than any young child should have to alone.
Let's take a look at her beginning

No one's POV:

"She's... beautiful," a voice barely chokes out, overtaken by emotion.

"Would you like to hold your daughter?" Estelle spoke softly.

Hesitant, Philip reached out for the tiny bundle.

"Am I doing it right?" He asked hurriedly, afraid to drop such a precious package.

"You are doing amazing, darling,"

A sweet family, loving parents, hidden deep within the Narnian forest. However, evil knows no mercy, however innocent a life.

"Estelle, take Emma and run down through the passageway, to the howe!"
Philip shouts, as he grabs a sword and rushes his wife and four year old daughter through a panel in the wall.

                              ***

Screaming, burning, a terrible clashing noise. Crying and shouting, begging for mercy, ignored, and another life ended.

The beautiful Estelle, lying dead on a bed of leaves. Her husband, the gallant Philip, fallen, taking a last stand for his country, his family, "For Aslan," as he exhales for the final time.

"M-mama," a small voice cries, hidden in a hollow tree amongst the flora.

Hours later, the sun sets, washing the country in darkness, even the stars were not out, mourning the loss of the King and Queen.

                               ***

Emma wakes up, late in the afternoon, quite hungry and waiting for her parents to come and feed her, not quite understanding the horrors from the night before.

She decides to get up and leave the very boring hollow, after all, why should she be afraid of the woods?

Pushing aside the leaves, she toddles out, and looks up at the bright sky.

"Hello," She says to no one in particular.

She begins walking over to the small town, but just before she clears the hill to see into it, a horse suddenly stops infront of her. Someone quickly dismounts and turns her to face the forest, "Trust me, this is not a sight you wish to see young one,"

"Hello! I am Emma," she says sweetly, "Who are you?"

"I am Cornelius, pleased to make your acquaintance," The old man said, shaking the girl's small hand.

The girl's eyes suddenly light up, and she runs towards the woods.
"Aslan!" She shouts gleefully, hugging the majestic lion, unaware of his somber demeanor.

The lion gazes at the man thoughtfully, "She cannot stay with me," he says to the man, "Where I go, is no place for a young girl. You must take her, and care for her, and raise her up properly."

Cornelius thinks for a moment, "I'll care for her as if she were my own daughter."

"But Aslan, I don't want to leave you, I want to stay with mama and dad," Emma says, looking up at the lion.

Aslan laid down, letting Emma sit with him, as he gently explained that her parents had to go away for a long time, and that she needed to stay with Cornelius.
"Can you do that for me brave one?" He asks gently.

She nods, and looks up at Cornelius, who opens his arms for her. Emma gets up and walks to him. He wraps his cloak around her before placing her on his horse.

"Goodbye Aslan," she says turning back one last time.

He nods to her, watching as Cornelius leads her away, into the Telmarine lands.

                                ***

The steady horsebeats turn into loud clopping as they travel from grasslands to cobblestone.
Soon they pass through a large archway, into the courtyard of a castle.
Cornelius pauses, and goes to adjust the hood over Emma's head, "You must keep your head down, okay?"

"Okay," comes the small some what muffled voice.

He turns and leads the horse through a gate, into the stables. Cornelius gently picks up the small figure and places her next the horse's stall.
"Alright, come now, child," Cornelius says, reaching a hand out for Emma to hold. She takes it, and he brings her to his room.

He begins to make a place for Emma to sleep, near the fire place, occasionally going out of the room for a extra pillows and blankets.
Emma sits quietly, playing with the chess peices.

A knock suddenly comes from the wall, before it suddenly opens up, revealing a boy, not much older than Emma.

"Ah!" She shrieks, running to Cornelius.

"Shh, its alright Emma," he picks her up and brings her to where the boy jumped out.

"This is Prince Caspian," he says placing her down infront of him.

"I'm Emma," she says, eyeing him warily.

"Pleasure," he says in an accent that Emma has never heard before. He bows slightly, remembering the manners his nanny had taught him.
She curtsies, also remembering what her mother had taught her.

                                ***

Before long, the two children were playing together, laughter filling the room.

And that was the sad beginning, of a beautiful friendship