Paint and Read

Ages:
Emma, 14
Caspian 15

*Caspian's POV*

It was a warm, sunny day. Perfect for spreading out a blanket and reading, or painting in Emma's case. I look up from my book, to see her looking critically at a blank canvas, twirling her paintbrush in her hands, the same thing she has been doing for the last 15 minutes.

"Artists block?" I ask, looking back at my book.

"What gave it away, the blank canvas?" She retorts, poking my leg with the paintbrush.

I stick my tongue out at her, before returning to the daring knights rescuing the damsel in distress. I wonder if I'm gonna go on any adventures like this, I think to myself, turning the page, my mind briefly wandering to the supposedly extinct Narnians Cornelius teaches us about. In secret, of course, any knowledge or teachings about Narnians could get you banished to the woods, or worse.

"Give me your hand," Emma says, interrupting my thoughts.  I give my left hand to her, not looking up from my reading. I continue reading until I feel something wet, and slightly pointy press on the back of my hand. I look up in shock, to see Emma painting on my hand.

"Wha- What are you doing?" I ask incredulously.

"Painting, obviously," She replies, not looking up.

"But, that's my hand,"

"You don't say," she says, rolling her eyes.

A few moments go by in silence. I watch fascinated by her concentration. The way she bites the inside of her cheek when trying to decide what to paint next, with what color. She pushes my sleeve up, to expose more of my forearm, and paints a green vine, up and around it. She then picks out a few pinks, purples and blues, and begins painting flowers. 

"You're staring," she says, pulling me out of my trance. I turn, red flooding my cheeks. She smirks, before gently raising my arm. "There," she says proudly, "It's done." 

"It looks great," I exclaim, examining all the little details, "It's beautiful, thanks Em!"

She flushes slightly, "You're welcome." She turns back to her canvas, suddenly inspired, and rinses her brush before dipping it into a new color. I continue examining my arm, ensuring that it was completely dry, before gingerly resting it on my lap.  I look back at my book, suddenly finding it boring. 
But how do I tell her she's what I find beautiful...
I think, looking back at her, she scrunches her nose, focusing on adding small details.