Night Terrors

A/N: This chapter contains some violence. Viewer discretion is adviced.

A few years, once Emma was old enough to stay in her own room, Cornelius made an appeal to Lord Miraz for a room for Emma. This was grudgingly given, with the help of Caspian asking as well.
Cornelius and Caspian's nurse quickly made Emma's small room comfortable. It was next to Caspian's, connected by a secret tunnel that the children were often running through to play together.

10 year old Emma and 11 year old Caspian were rarely without eachother.

"Good night Cass!" Emma says poking her head through the doorway from the tunnel.

"Night Em!" He says from his bed.

She waves one last time, before gently closing the door, and scurries down the hall.
She quickly gets into bed, blows out her candle and gazes at the fire, thinking of the previous day, until sleep finally overtakes her.

*Emma's POV/dream*

I feel hot and scared. I see flames leap up around me.

"GO!" someone shouts as I am pushed into a small space, a tunnel I think. A woman grabs my hand, "it's so small" I think, before getting pulled back into the dream.

Suddenly we are out in a courtyard. I can hear screaming, smell smoke, but not good wood smoke, it smelled rusty... The woman staggers, then several armored men with swords rush at us. Wait, I know them! Captain Glozelle???

"Go on!" The woman yells to me, pushing me towards the woods. She draws her own sword and runs at the men. She successfully kills one, then strikes at Captain Glozelle, grazing him just above his eye. I watch horrified as they hack her down, her blood staining their swords.

Then Captain Glozelle turns to me with a maniacal gleam in his eye, and begins running to me.

I turn to run, I move my legs as fast as I can, but I cant move.

"NO!" I scream, "PLEASE NO, HELP,"

I wave my arms, hoping to keep the men away.

"Hey, HEY!" Someone shouts suddenly.

*out of the dream, still Emma's POV*

I get shaken awake suddenly, someone grabbing my flailing arm.

"Emma!" Caspian says, "It's me, it's Cas."
He looks at me with wide eyes, "Sorry for barging in here, I uh- I heard you screaming and I just had to- I'm sorry,"

I sit up quickly, a cold sweat covering me. I stare at him with wide eyes, adjusting to the dimly lit room, the fire burning low, in need of another log.

"What happened?" He asked, sitting down beside me.

"I-," I start, before shaking my head, tears pouring down my cheeks.

"It's alright," Caspian says, patting my back, "You don't have to say anything."

He gets up, and adds another log to the fire, before going to open the tunnel door.

"Wait, can you say with me?" I ask, wiping my cheeks.

"Yeah," he replies, coming back, and plopping on my bed, "Do you want the wallside, or the room side?"

"The wallside,"

He quickly adjusts the blankets and pillows, and pats the wallside of the bed, waiting for me to settle back down.
Gratefully, I lay down, and listen to Caspian breath, while we both lay there.

"Thank you," I whisper.

"Anything for you," he whispers back, turning to face me, "If you ever get scared again, you can always sleep with me,"

"Okay,"

Slowly, we close our eyes, falling asleep  together.