Vol I: The Red Thirteenth

Mantios Continent

The 575th Solarian Year
13th of Maírs (3rd of Ten Months)

Mantizea, North-Eastern Confederacy

------------------------------------------------------

As the sun rose on a new day, the smoke from the war-torn city rose into the sky once more, as the people began to finally recover the lives they left behind in the ashes. Ruby Guards were patrolling the streets, keeping the populace under watch to prevent further resistance as they sent soldiers to the north to conquest the remaining continent, under the Ruby Empire Flag.

 Ruby Guards were patrolling the streets, keeping the populace under watch to prevent further resistance as they sent soldiers to the north to conquest the remaining continent, under the Ruby Empire Flag

(Used a flag designer btw, link is here https://tennessine.co.uk/flags/flag/c4749fd738c8735-ruby-empire/ for the flag)

As dawn fully encapsulated the city, Governor Truder was looking down from the Stronghold while he was aiding his troops on its' repairs. A commotion from the small island in the harbor intrigued Truder as he looked over the southern gate. Tents were being removed from the Broadcast Crystal as their new Emperor began his speech through a mana recording from his Castle in the mainland.

"The dawn of a new day for the Ruby Empire, as we have finally united our two nations together to prosper in a secure society! This peace, you know it as I do, has cost us a great deal of lives. But with those lives has come knowledge; truth about who ordered the mass killings in what should have been a peaceful process..." Frost began his speech, with a smirk upon his face.

"Governor Truder, sir!" one of his soldiers called out.

"Yes what is it, sergeant?" the Governor replied, trying to listen to the speech going on.

"I was the one who delivered the recording to them, sir. I- I think you need to gather your men and leave now!" the soldier said with a slight commanding tone to his otherwise nervous demeanor. 

"Why should I just-"

"For you see, I have been informed by several of my officers and officials, that Governor Truder, in collaboration with your previous Empress, ordered MY men to kill you!"

"Wait! No! I-I wasn't even here! What is he doing?!"

"Sir, I will aid your escort, but we can only say for certain that the only people loyal are in the castle as we speak. You need to leave." the sergeant replied.

"I-"

"That is why, in accordance to Ruby Empire Law, hereby declare Governor Truder and any loyal parties with him, as enemies of the Empire! And they shall be hunted down and slain!"

"Shit, sir we need to leave, now!" the soldier again said to the shocked governor, listening to the cheers of approval from the citizens below.

After taking a few breaths, Governor Truder turned to the sergeant. "So, sergeant, we do not need to leave..." he began to speak, in a rather calm voice. He then looked to the soldier behind the sergeant. "Guard! Lock down the castle! Now!"