Vol II: Soulbound

TW: Slight Gore

Eastern Tivuka Continent

Anisa Kioku, Second Kingdom of Aiza-Kuma

In the Medical Center

------------------------------------------------------

"How are they?!" I shouted at the workers as I ran into the room, seeing several workers performing healing spells on the two guests.

"They should be fine, but they were both near death. It seems that they have become soulbound." The head doctor informed me.

"Soulbound?" All I got in response was a nod. "I thought that was a myth."

"Us too, my lady. It seems that excessive magical use along with their bond of what seems to be engagement or marriage has bound them together."

"Married? How are you so sure?" I asked, eyeing them up. Their injuries were in the exact same spots; a scratch under the left eye, cuts on the right forearm, it was as if each injury was cloned to the other.

"Look at their wrists." The doctor said, as I looked I noticed they each had a bracelet with white beads; the brunette's being blue and the bluenette's being pink.

"Wait- blue and white? Aren't those the colours of-" I asked, before being cut off by a doctor.

"The colours of the former Mantizea Kingdom and the ancestral colours of the western continents, yes."

"And they traveled this far?" I questioned. They would have had to go days if not weeks without treatment to reach here! "How have they survived?"

"Ah, my lady, it seems that they teleported here as a purple flash was seen by a few of our guards from their direction. I believe their injuries were only received within the last hours if that is the case." The doctor said, clarifying the situation for me, not settling my nerves in the slightest. I quickly turn to the guards.

"Have any of you heard of people this powerful that could cripple if not kill these two people with these types of injuries?"

"I believe I can answer that for you, miss." I quickly turn to the sound, seeing the blue-haired girl waking up her partner. As she wakes up, a soft kiss is put on her forehead as she turns back to me. "Oh, I didn't introduce myself. I am Saisho Kamakiri, the former Empress of Mantizea. This is my wife here. Once she is feeling better I'll introduce her formally."

"Empress?! Wait, I thought Empress Miza ruled that land!" I snapped back. Who is this imposter, trying to toy with my knowledge! Making me look like an idiot! I cannot look weak in front of my people!

"Oh! I have become so used to my new name, I keep forgetting people may not know! I used the sorcery magic known to my kingdom to align myself with my soul." She said, without wavering.

"So...Saisho. This is what your soul wishes to look like?" I say questioningly. That is not what my soul would want to look like in the slightest!

"It is and if you have any criticisms, I would love them to not be heard in the public." This, Saisho, said with a twinge of anger in her voice. "Or would you like to actually know who did this to us so you can prepare, my lady?"

------------------------------------------------------

In Kuma's Quarters

------------------------------------------------------

"Alright, so who is this being that did this to you?" I said, a little pissed at how Saisho convinced me to take them to the private areas of the new castle.