20. After the fight.

(Third person POV)

Firemen and police, soldiers too all ran into the mall they took all of you outside.

You and Will sat in the back of an ambulance sharing a small blanket, they had fixed up all your injuries but you were still so tired. You leaned into Will and he rubbed circles onto your back comfortingly.

You both saw Joyce come into view as she frantically looked around.
Will took off the blanket and helped you up, you both sprinted over to her. She was like your mother too, you loved her like one and she loved you like a daughter.

You hugged each other tightly

Joyce sobbed into your shoulders.
"Thank god!" She exclaimed.

You pulled away from the hug holding her arms still, you looked at her with a hopeful look.

El walked up behind you looking for the same thing you were.

Hopper.

Joyce gave el a look that said, I'm so sorry.

You couldn't believe it, you didn't.
She looked at you and spoke.

"I'm so so sorry." Joyce sobbed.
Will stared in confusion.

El broke down crying and shook her head in disbelief.
You went into Joyce's head with the little energy you had left and saw 1 thing.

It was true

It was true.
The man who made you who you were, who took you in, the man who you loved, the man you would dance with, the man who looked after you, the man who you would watch tv shows with and drink hot chocolate, your dad.....was gone.

You burst into tears and fell back into Will, he managed to catch you as you both sat slowly on the ground, Joyce went to go hug el. You sat there lying in wills arms crying harder than you ever have before.

You had felt a lot of pain.
The lab, the demogorgon, Will being flayed, Bob, the demo-dogs, being connected to Will, that thing in your side, fighting the mind flayer, billy....but this hurt more than all of that combined.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

352 words.
Proofread
Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed. This is so sad omg 😭