15. Escape plan.

We arrived at our house, I twisted the door handle and we all entered.
I got chills seeing the place I now called home in this dark state, twisted and evil.

"Might be time to get a maid, ladies." Robin joked.
"Come on, I don't want to stay here longer than we have to." Nancy stated.

We all began walking up the stairs but Steve stopped dead in front of me.

"What's wrong?" I asked.
He just put a finger to my lip and I started to listen...Dustin.

We exchanged a glance of surprise and hope.
Steve started to walk back downstairs.

"Wait." I called.
"What?"
"It could be trap....you know, Vecna." I stated, a little scared.

"Okay I'll make sure the sound stays in reach and um...you go find your gun, okay." Steve thought out loud.
I nodded and continued running up the stairs.

I ran into mike and I's room and stopped dead when I entered. Everything was gone, it was all Mikes, my Polaroids of my friends were all gone, the walls were bare, my back to the future poster was missing, my clothes in the closet, Wills sketchbook was not on the desk, the small set of Christmas lights that I had strung around the rim of the top bunk, all gone.

I desperately grabbed the chair from our desk and pulled it to the closet, looking for my old converse box at the top of the closet where I hid the pistol.

"Shit shit shit shit shit." I kept speaking as it was nowhere to be seen.

I climbed off the chair looking around for any piece of me, something of mine. I my breathing picked up as tears brewed in my eyes searching frantically as my knees gave up and I fell to the floor.

If my stuff wasn't here, where was it? And if it's not even in the upside down...I was just some lab experiment again. I realized I was acting a bit frantic but all my memories were gone.

Seeing mikes old room, like this, I was hoping for some hint of my existence. Something that meant I was an actual person with feelings and a life and not stuck in some lab being treated like a weapon.

"Steve!" I yelled as I sprinted down the stairs, flashes of the lab spiraling through my head, all the experiments, tests, all the blood.

I hadn't been triggered like this in almost a year, minus the Vecna incident.

I felt like I couldn't breathe, I looked around frantically for Steve, I was digging my nails into the palms of my hands.

I stopped for a moment when I saw the basement door, I ran halfway down the stairs and stopped dead, the fort, not even that was there.

I stared at the empty space before running back up the stairs and stopped when I saw Steve looking at me very concerned.

"Are you oka-"
I interrupted him by colliding into him, holding him tight, my tear stained face hiding in his bare-chest.

"It's okay." He stated as he stroked my hair. "What's wrong?"

"It's gone." I cried, looking up at him.
"What? What's gone?" He asked, I knew he was worried about me, terrified.

"All of it, it's gone, everything I own, everything! Steve, I don't even exist here!-" I exclaimed, crying heavily.

"Woah woah woah- slow down... everything?" He confirmed.
I nodded.

He pulled me back into him and held my head close to his chest, as he rubbed my back up and down.

"Look, I know you think your life only started 3 years ago but it didn't. Your life started in that lab, and yea, it's a pretty shitty start but it was your start. And I don't know why your stuff is gone, or why it's not here but i know that I'm glad that your start was in that lab because it made you strong, stronger than anyone I've ever met. And it made you y/n, not five,
y/n. And I'm so glad it did, because you are so amazing and I wouldn't have it any other way." Steve whispered to me as he held me.