𝐩𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐤𝐢𝐧

A/N:  

Kaz gets a pumpkin and an unexpected visit from Jesper

  Kaz paused in front of his desk. Someone had placed a pumpkin there, a horridly carved one.

Kaz never understood the reason for such traditions. He thought they were pointless. Wasting time on sawing open a vegetable and removing its guts while there was money to be made.

A knock on his door drew him from his thoughts.

Shame. Kaz was about to throw the hideous thing away.

"Come in," answered Kaz as he took a seat at his desk.

The door opened to a familiar dark-skinned sharpshooter.

"Top of the morning, Kaz." Jesper grinned, showing off his pearly whites.

"It's the evening, Jesper." Kaz corrected without looking up from his paperwork.

"Right, anyway, I was thinking." Jesper made his way over to Kaz's desk. "What if we go find some masks and go around scaring everyone in the Crow Club." He flung his hands every which way as he talked.

"That would mean money that was supposed to be made would be lost." quipped Dirtyhands.

Jesper sighed. "Right, well, how about- oh." The tall Zemeni smirked. "I see Inej delivered my present."

Now Kaz did look up from his paper. He looked from Jesper to the pumpkin, back to Jesper.

"You made this?" asked Kaz.

Jesper grinned. "Sure did."

Kaz sighed and focused back on his paperwork.

"Get it out of my room."

"Aw, what's wrong with it?"

"It's horrid."

Jesper erupted in a fit of laughter. Kaz had to hold his breath not to smile.

Curse Jesper and his contagious laugh.

"What are you talking about? It's beautiful!" Jesper joked, leaning over with his hands on his knees.

He couldn't stop laughing at the look on Kaz's face.

"Here," the Sharpshooter said, straightening himself out. "Just consider it a gift from your devilishly handsome best friend."

Jesper flashed Kaz a more than devilishly handsome grin and left.

Kaz brought his gaze from the door to the ridiculous pumpkin on his desk. He swore to remove it but as each day passed it remained on the corner of his desk, untouched.