CH-4 Dreams

Kyoka's POV
I sat down on my bed with Midoriya sitting right next to me, I glanced at my clock and it was 3am. Why is he up at this time? And why is he coming here at this time? I looked to my side to see Midoriya with no emotion on his face as always and wasn't saying anything, he wanted to know what was happening with me since I have a tear stained face.
"W-What are you doing here this late?" I asked.
"You said that your door was always open" He stated.
"I guess that's true... Why did you come here? Is there something you want to talk about?" I asked trying to get him to forget about what a mess I'm in.
"Why were you crying?" He asked.
"Oh... Just a bad dream, I'm fine now though" I explained, I had no idea if I was fine or not but I wanted to make sure he knew that I was here for him entirely.
"Alright" He said.

We sat together in awkward silence for a few minutes, I didn't want to pressure him to talk but I had no idea what to say. He was just staring down at the floor as though he was thinking about something deeply and I didn't want to distract him so tried to remain motionless so I wouldn't accidentally startle him. Something had to have been on his mind if he came here to see me but I did say that he didn't have to talk, although sleeping was also a good thought but not if I was going to have the same dream again. He suddenly jerked his head up and then slowly placed his hands behind him on my bed and looked up at the ceiling.
"Why?" He whispered.
"Why what?" I asked.
"Why are you really helping me?" He asked.
"Do you expect me to leave a friend to suffer?" I questioned.
"Are we?" He asked looking at me. I gave him a confused look before he spoke again. "Are we friends?" He asked.
"Yeah. I mean... We haven't been particularly close since starting UA but I like to think that we're friends" I answered.
"But... We aren't as close as others are we?" He asked.
"No but... That doesn't matter. You're my friend and I want to help you" I said.
"Right..." He said.

There was another minute of awkward silence and he looked as though he was thinking about something again but then something crossed my mind which I have been wondering about for awhile.
"I know I said I wouldn't ask questions but I'm curious... Why are you being like this with me of all people? You said it yourself, we're not that close. You don't have to answer if you don't want to but I am curious" I asked. He stared up at the ceiling for a second before speaking.
"I... I don't know..." He said.
"Huh, what do you mean?" I asked.
"For some reason I... I feel like I can trust you" He explained.
"You can... No matter what it is you can trust me" I said with a smile. "But why don't you trust the others then?" I asked.
"It isn't that... I just don't want them to get hurt" He said.
"Hurt?" I questioned confused as to why people would get hurt by him being his usual self.
"That's why I didn't come to you sooner. I didn't want you to get hurt either but for some reason I want to come here" He explained.
"But why would we get hurt?" I asked. He looked back down to the ground and looked sad.

A few minutes went by and he hadn't spoken yet looked distraught, I placed my hand on his back gently to comfort him so he wouldn't feel pressured.
"Take your time" I whispered.
"I just... It's a long explanation" He whispered.
"I've got nowhere else to be" I said pointing to my clock showing him the time.
"Right... Of course... It's the same reason I've been training so hard, the same reason I'm pushing everyone away, the same reason I'm getting next to no sleep" He said making me worry about him even more, what could be so bad that he would punish himself like this? It isn't that he doesn't care about anyone anymore but that he really cares about everyone.
"What reason?" I asked hoping that he would finally let me in.
"... For the last few months or so I've been having dreams... They aren't normal... They seem so real. It's as though I'm looking at events through someone else's eyes" He said.
"What do you see?" I asked.
"Death" He answered quickly. "I see death... Someone is dying every single time" He explained with tears starting to form in his eyes. I didn't know what to say, he was going through so much yet endured it alone for so long. "There is only one other thing that stays consistent each and every time" He said.
"And what's that?" I asked.
"The one who is doing the killing is... All for One..." He answered as anger consumed his face.
"W-Why are you seeing All for One?" I asked confused, they only encountered once to my knowledge yet was being this big of a burden to him.
"I... I can't tell you that" He said.
"That's fine, you can tell me when you feel like it" I said trying to reassure him.
"No. You can never know" He said staring at me.
"W-Why?" I asked.
"I can't tell you that either" He said.