Chapter Thirteen

[Max's POV]

So I had slept with him again, and it was the best experience I had ever had, closely followed by only one other experience, that being the first time I slept with him. It was hard to calculate exactly how it worked, to be able to explain how everything about him felt so perfect against me.

Psychopath or not the man was attractive beyond belief and I was a... well, a sucker for him.

I doubted someone like Jeffrey could ever understand it properly, he was a dear friend but, although firmly decided he was homosexual, found the concept of sexual attraction as puzzling as quantum physics, and neither of us were much good in that department. 

I sat across from Jeffrey and watched him sitting silently, stirring his soup. Occasionally, when I was looking away, he would look at me and frown. He had a question he wanted to ask but didn't dare to, I knew the look well.

"Are you worried James is lost?" Elias asked. "It is getting late." He checked his watch.

James looked up and laughed. "No no. He can use Google maps if he's lost. He's not that old."

"He's been here before hasn't he?" I asked.

He nodded. "Twice, he'll be fine, he promised to bring his partner, it always takes longer with two."

Norman grinned. "True enough."

"I don't think I was there either times when he was with you all." Elias shrugged.

"I was there for one of the occasions myself." I added.

The conversation continued, some back and forth between Elias and Norman about their respective partners. Norman seemed to date a new person every two years, he was never unhappy with it though and seemed settled in the habit.

"He seems wonderful." I remarked at one point.

"I think so." He turned to me. "And what about you? Still living the life of the bride in white?"

I tensed, glancing nervously at Jeffrey. "W- I was- I am... Yes."

"That's an inappropriate question Norman!" Elias scolded him, and they began to argue playfully between the two of them.

The four of us were rather settled with each other as friends, though Elias and Norman had grown up as close friends and the same with Jeffrey and myself.

Jeffrey leaned over the table a little and gestured for me to lean in as well. I did so warily, knowing he had finally decided to ask the question he had been storing for me.

"I need to ask, is your... friend coming?"

"Oh!" I exclaimed, the others looked at me for a moment and I smiled and waved my hands, signalling it was nothing to bother about. "No!" I whispered. "Of course not, no!"

"I wouldn't mind... I just thought... Well, it would be better to prepare them."

My face turned into a frown, remembering the gorgeous man the only way I could, as one of the most intolerably attractive men I had ever met. "I can't imagine they'd be very put out by him."

"I don't mean that." He shook his head. "I also don't mean his age. I can see that thought in your eyes. He's just... not at all what anyone expected. I would half expect him to jump over the table to sit in your lap."

That, instead of putting me off the idea of bringing Lowell, caused me to picture myself climbing into Lowell's lap as I was eating. That would be warm and comfortable, probably, if the table wasn't too low, I would be able to feel the wonderful muscles so clearly defined on his chest.