Prologue

Xu wen wu lived a long and glorious life, bloody in fact

Xu wen wu lived a long and glorious life, bloody in fact.  His empire is built from rivers of blood, sacrifices and corpse.

The Ten Rings gave him powers a mere mortal can never imagine, it also led him to a journey with a never-ending mission and conquest.

Initially, he only wanted to be more powerful than his enemies so he could survive. His crippling low self-esteem and the haunting memories from his childhood eventually were slowly lifted and being hidden behind somewhere in him.

Somewhere so deep he can't recall clearly, but it's always there.

Then it became more and more, he wanted more things, more power. He conquered city by city, country by country,  it became an obsession as if the whole meaning of his existence is to cause blood and misery.

Then he found his first wife, Ying Li. She was a beautiful woman with many wonders and she taught him many things, things that he didn't know about himself. She made him believe that there was something more about him other than blood.

And of course, they fell in love, had two children and happily ever after? Of course not. Fairy tale stories don't always end on a good note.

He lost his wife and lost all the "good" part of him that he and his wife tried so hard to cultivate.

He trained his 7-year-old son to be the best assassin and tucked his beloved little daughter in her room and refused to look into her eyes again.

Her eyes looked just like her mother.

And that went on for 7 years until he sent his reluctant son, Shang chi to settle the person that murdered Ying Li.

"血债要血还。"
[ A blood debt must be returned with blood]

That's what he told the young boy and he did a fantastic job, he finished the man off and ran away. Her sister follows after.

He let them go, gave them the freedom that they wanted, this was the last bit of kindness he could give them as a father.

...

To be continued.

Author's Note: I'm such a simp for Shang Chi's dad so here we go.