Chapter 4 - Making Traps

The fourth day of traveling to another world.

In the early morning, the air is fresh and the sun is shining brightly.

Ci Ye got up from the ground early, had a little breakfast, and went to the stream to put a fish cage.

He fixed the fish cage in the stream and hurried to the single sheep activity area found yesterday.

When he arrived at the familiar forest, Ci Ye looked for several places with single sheep footprints and began to dig traps.

Dig a deep hole in the ground, then bury the sharp bamboo pole, and spread weeds on it to cover it. A primitive trap is completed.

After spending the whole morning, three traps were finally dug up.

Ci Ye was so tired that he collapsed to the ground. The poisonous sun shone on his face and his whole body was sore.

It's finally finished! Let's see if the fish cage has been harvested!

Ci Ye dragged his heavy body and walked towards the stream.

The sun shone on the water, sparkling.

Ci Ye lifted the fish cage from the water.

So heavy!

He turned the fish cage upside down and pour out a large number of fish, mixed with some shrimps and crabs, some of which are even half an arm long!

Great!

Ci Ye happily put them into the bamboo baskets and put the fish cage back into the stream.

Looking at the lively fish occupied half of the basket, Ci Ye was so happy that he couldn't close his mouth.

With the help of the system, he found that three or four big fish with half arms length in it are all fish called [red sand tails], because their tails have spots like red sand.

There are also many small fish the size of a palm, all of which are [silverfish], covered with white scales.

There are also some others called [Orange Shrimp] and [Hercules Crab], which also look particularly delicious.

By the stream, the fish was ripped with a stone knife, and Ci Ye couldn't wait to take the bamboo basket back to the base.

He made a fire pit, string a red sand tail with branches, insert two wooden roots on both sides of the fire pit as a bracket, and then he can bake the fish on the fire.

He can have roast fish for lunch today!

In a moment, the roasted skin came with a delicious aroma, crushing a yellowberry fruit, sprinkling yellow juice on the grilled fish, turning over, and then baking.

After turning it a dozen times in a row, it was not until the fish inside was cooked that Ci Ye picked up the fish kebab and began to taste it.

The mouth tasted the roasted fish skin, followed by tender, smooth and delicious fish. Yellowberry juice brings silky sourness and sweetness, making the fish meat fresh but not fishy.

It's so delicious!

Ci Ye swore that this was the best meal he had so far since he came to this world!

Chewing the fish in his mouth, Ci Ye found that there were few fish bones with red sand tails, only big thorns, but the arrangement was very dense and hard.

After eating, the fish bone can be used as a comb. Looking at the white fish bone, Ci Ye thought it was a good idea.

After devouring a whole red sand tail, Ci Ye felt that he was still not satisfied and roasted a few more silverfish.

Silverfish also tastes good. Although it is not as good as red sand tail, it is also very fresh and tender.

After enjoying a rich lunch, Ci Ye began his afternoon work.

He is going to look for some materials to make [grass sweep] and [wooden armor].

The moisture on the ground is too heavy for people to sleep on the ground for a long time. Ci Ye needs a thick grass to sweep the bed.

Looking for the area that has been explored in the valley, Ci Ye found a tall plant called Cheetuo Tree.

The leaves of this tree are long, very wide, bright green and shiny. After the trunk is broken, there is also a lot of juice. This juice is very sweet and delicious, which has medicinal value. It can relieve cough and dissolve phlegm, calm the mind.

Collecting some leaves and sap, Ci Ye found a fragrant plant growing by the stream - [Pink Dan Tree].

The fruits of this plant are clusters, each in ball-shaped, which can be used for cleansing or use as a medicine for reducing swelling.

There are only two pink dan trees, which grow in the dense forest by the stream, but it has not been discovered before.

Ci Ye collected some pink nuts and weeds and looked up at the sky. It was already dusk.

After a while, he went back to the place where the fish cage was placed, harvested another half a basket of fish, and then went home happily.

Back in the cave, Ci Ye took out a big bamboo tube and prepared to make fish soup at night.

Silverfish is used to make fish soup, and Ci Ye believes that red sand tail should be roasted.

Bamboo tubes doesn't boil water very fast, and it's easy to crack. Ci Ye thought if he has time in the future, he should make a pot.

He put some cabbage into the fish soup and turn over the grilled fish. After a while, dinner will be ready.

The fish soup is not seasoned. It tastes very light, but it is still very delicious. Grilled fish is as delicious as ever.

After dinner, Ci Ye began to make grass sweeping and wooden armor.

Because it is not a famine world, the props given by the system do not specify materials, and the system only provides production craftsmanship.

Ci Ye chose purple bamboo slices, wide Qituo leaves and some tough and soft weeds to prepare to make a bigger grass to sweep.

After more than an hour, a delicate grass swept into shape.

The grass swept by one meter wide, fixed with tough purple bamboo slices, and covered with thick Qitou leaves and dry weeds, which looks very warm and strong.

He then make wooden armor, use some thick and tough bark, and fix it with some straw ropes, and a simple armor was born.

He tried wearing the armor. It feels a little heavy, but it doesn't hinder walking.

He can wear it tomorrow to check the trap!

Ci Ye then put away his armor, open the grass to sweep, lay on it, and soon fell asleep.

On a quiet night, the white egg, which had been ignored as a stool by Ci Ye, shook gently in the firelight, and then several cracks slowly appeared in the egg shell...