Chapter 9 - Discovery of Salt Lake

The next day, after breakfast, Ci Ye and Xiaobai were ready to continue their journey of finding salt.

Touching Jin Ze's head, Ci Ye asked, "Where do you live? Xiaobai and I are leaving. What should you do?"

Jin Ze was stunned for a moment, and then lowered his head.

It's over! he sneaked out and had to go back to the tribe. Maybe the adults are already looking for him everywhere, but what about Ci Ye? he also want him to be the witch of his tribe...

"Wu--" Jin Ze shouted lowly and rubbed Ci Ye.

"Do you want me to go with you?" Seeing this scene, Ci Ye speculated.

Jin Ze nodded and looked at Ci Ye hopefully.

"Sorry, I can't go with you." Ci Ye shook his head. "Xiaobai and I still have something to do."

"Wu--" Jin Ze lowered his head disappointedly.

"Don't worry, we will meet again when we have a chance. I'll go to your place where you live then." Ci Ye comforted Jin Ze, "There are some medicine here. You can take it and apply it to your legs. After applying it, you have to fix it like this, and the wound will heal faster."

Jin Ze nodded with the medicine bag in his mouth.

"Okay, go back! Xiaobai and I are leaving too." Ci Ye patted Jin Ze on the head.

Jin Ze ran a few steps and turned his head to look at Ci Ye. Ci Ye waved his hand at him. He turned around and finally disappeared into the jungle.

"Chi--" (The annoying guy finally left!)

"Are you reluctant to part with the golden lion?" Ci Ye asked Xiaobai with a smile.

"Chi--" (No!)

"Let's go. We're going to continue to set off." Holding Xiaobai in his arms, Ci Ye opened the map and continued to explore.

After a long journey around the swamp and climbing over several mountains, they finally found a sparkling lake in a mountain basin!

"This is...salt lake!" Seeing the natural crystals and salt stones by the lake, Ci Ye recognized them at a glance.

"That's great! We finally found it! I thought I would have to return in vain, but I didn't expect there to be a salt lake here!" Ci Ye was so excited that he rushed over immediately.

When he came to the lake, Ci Ye found that there were many salt stones and salt crystals piled up by the lake. He picked up one and put it in his hand, shining dazzlingly in the sun.

Xiaobai poked his head out of his arms and licked it with his tongue: "Wu--" (Too salty!)

"Ha ha ha!" Looking at Xiaobai's ears drooping sadly, Ci Ye couldn't help laughing.

"This is salt, which is used for cooking. It must not taste good to eat alone." He touched Xiaobai's head with a smile, Ci Ye put it on the ground, and then began to collect saltstones.

After adding enough saltstone and salt crystals into the item column, Ci Ye breathed a sigh of relief. The task was finally completed.

Salt lakes are hidden in the mountains. If you don't look carefully, it's really difficult to find them. In the sunshine, it glitters brightly and is embedded on the earth like a pale blue gemstone. It looks very beautiful.

After taking the salt, Ci Ye and Xiaobai didn't delay any longer and embark on their new journey home.

On the other hand, while Ci Ye and Xiaobai were lucky enough to find the salt lake, Jin Ze encountered a heavy blow.

That's right, it's a blow! On his way back to the tribe, he met the hunting team looking for him. Unexpectedly, his father was also in it, so he was beaten up.

"Stinky boy! How dare you leave the tribe alone? Let's see if I don't beat you to death!!" A tall and handsome blonde man instantly turned into a huge golden lion and hit Jin Ze.

"Ouch--" Jin Ze, who was beaten around by his father, lay on the ground and shouted.

"Enough! Da Jin!" A cold and majestic voice sounded.

"Hmph! I will let you go this time!" Da Jin slapped Kanazawa on the ground, gritted his teeth and roared, changing back into his human form.

"Wuwu~" Jin Ze is still lying on the ground wailing.

"What is this?" The handsome brunette man known as the leader picked up the medicine bag and asked Jin Ze.

"Stinky boy, come back quickly! The patriarch asked you!" The blonde man, known as Da Jin, couldn't help slapping Jin Ze again.

Jin Ze got up from the ground, shook himself into a blonde teenager: "It's herbal medicine! I met a big snake in the swamp. A witch saved me and treated my wound. His name is Ci Ye. He is very beautiful. He looks better than all of the females in our tribe. He can make things appear and disappear out of thin air. He carries a lot of strange things, and the meat he roasts is delicious..."

"What?! Witch?!" When the orcs heard this, they almost couldn't believe it."Why did the witch run into the swamp alone? Such a noble person should safely stay in the tribe, right?"

"I don't know, but I think Ci Ye is a witch. The meat he roasted is the most delicious meat in the world! He can take me to float on the water! He also cured my leg. My leg hurts a lot yesterday, but it didn't hurt at all after taking the medicine!" Jin Ze raised his cheeks and talked loudly, trying to convince the adults that what he said was true.

"That... Ci Ye, what kind of orc is he?" Hei Yao opened the medicine bag, twisted a little ointment with his hand, and observed it carefully.

"Ci Ye is not an orc. He doesn't smell like an orc at all. He should not have awakened his beast shape. But there is a strange beast beside him, with three tails and a sharp horn on his head."

"What?! Not an orc?!" Hearing this, everyone was even more frightened. It's incredible that there is such a witch, no guardian warrior, no beast shape, and he can even save Jin Ze on his own!

Orcs are humanoids as soon as they are born, but they will awaken their beast shapes after a few months. Even if some orc haven't awaken after a long time, they will change their animal shape a few years later or even when they're teenagers, and those who do not awaken are very few.

Hei Yao looked at Jin Ze's bandaged wound, then looked at the ointment in his hand, and lowered his eyes.

He knew that Jin Ze would not lie, but it was in this way that made him have a strong interest in Jin Ze's "Ci Ye".

"Ci Ye... Who the hell are you..." Hei Yao looked up at the swamp in the distance, and a little strange curiosity appeared in the emerald green pupils.

-

LittleAoAo: Woohoo~ ML appeared hehe~

Also, Jin Ze mentioned in the last chapter about his dad, however, the so called 'dad' refers to the female in the tribe who gave birth to him. Female is basically just male in appearance, has an ability to give birth and doesn't awaken their beast shape~~ Da Jin in this chapter is the 'father', referring to the beastman who awaken their beast form.

Dad= female
Father= beastman