let's make an acquaintance

As a Jedi, we are the keeper of the piece, the ones who stand up for the little guy. That's what my Master always said, Plo Koon is the man who would look at the worst criminal and still believe that the creature could change his way. 

Patience was a huge lesson that took most of my padawan learning to understand.  The force was another thing my Master taught me, the way I can feel others like my friends, my Master, the emotions of others. I haven't mastered that trait from him quite yet, but it's still a work in progress; my Master's has taught me quite a lot. 

One of the last missions I completed with my Master taught me much, one of friendship and trusting my intention through the force. Let me tell you. 

"We have received word of a youngling on the planet Shili," Master Windu says over the comms. Master Plo Koon rubs his chin of sorts in thought as I nod, "this is excellent news," I say, putting my hands together. "Master Plo Koon and I are the closest to the planet; we can be there tomorrow."  

The Master nods as I turn the coms off, looking at my Master, "Master, are you alright?". 

"Yes, My Padawan, A feeling I have about this youngling, something is not right about this." He says, walking away towards the back of our small Republic Transport. 

Trailing behind him, I retort, "I too have a feeling around this mission, but if the younglings are in danger, we must do whatever we can to save them." 

Turning around, patting my shoulder, "very perceptive, Cara, tomorrow we will see what the trouble is. For now, we must rest and meditate on this". 

"Yes, Master," I reply, leaving the man to his thoughts as I walk to my quarters; once I get to the room and open the door, I look around. The room is tiny, with a bed, desk, and bathroom in the small space. 

Sighing, I sit cross-legged on the bed, taking a deep breath and focusing my breathing. 

I listen through the force feeling my Master asleep on the other side of the ship and smile, I think my friend Obi-Wan far, last I heard from him he was on a mission on Mandalore, but it's been a long time since we talked. 

Obi-wan and I had trained together in the temple when we were younglings when I was informed we would be separating and had different masters. I. I was devastated, he was my best friend, and I didn't know how to cope with my loneliness. 

My Master helped me realize my attachment was childish; he can still be my friend while we have two separate lives. I hope he is doing well. 

After meditating for a long time, I decided it was time for some sleep for tomorrow. 

I'm awoken to the sound of my comlink going off. Groaning, I answer, "Cara here." 

"Padawan, we are nearing Shili. Would you like to have a meal with me before our landing" 

"Of Course, Master," I smile; getting up, I shower, making sure y padawan braid is attached to my head-tail still, and get dressed, putting on my Jedi robe. 

Walking to the small common area, I find my Master with rations neatly spread out in front. 

"wow, master all this for me," I say, sitting down in front of him pulling out my chair with force. 

"I wanted to make sure you knew that I.. was glad you were assigned to be my padawan all these years." 

I smile at him warmly. "Master, of course, I knew how you felt; I am glad that you are my master; I hope that after my training has ended, we can still have meals together like this." 

"I wouldn't have it any other way," he says 

My Master has to eat uniquely to keep his mask on that helps him breathe; he has a straw that will give him all the nutrients he needs in special rations. 

After we finish our meal, we gather our Lightsabers, and our pilot lands the transport on Shili. 

When the blast door opens, we are more significant with a swarm of Togruta making me smile, and My Master puts his hand on my back, giving me the indication to take the lead on this mission. 

"Hello, My name is Cara Vou; I am a Padawan in training; we received a single that there is a youngling here." 

"Hello, Master Jedi and Padawan Cara, a Togruta says with large Head tails, who also walks with a cane of some sort. "there must have been a mistake; your Jedi master arrived. Early this morning to receive our Child." 

My Master and I glance at each other, feeling the uneasiness between both of us. "May we speak to the Jedi? Where is the youngling?" I say, trying to keep my voice from showing my emotion. 

"He is getting the youngling ready for the department, though, for some reason, she will not show her powers to the Jedi." 

"It is alright, she must be scared, this is all very new, let's all talk together," I say, looking at My Master, who nods at me to continue. 

Glancing around, I notice that the buildings of the Togruta are pretty beautiful; they are designed to look like the head tails that they cover. Entering one of these magnificent buildings, I see a man in robes leaning in front of a small Togruta child who keeps her back to a wall. 

"Hello Master Jedi, my name is Cara Vou. May I ask who you might be, sir?" I ask as he stands up, making a shiver run down my spine. 

"The name is Towe Min; I was ordered to receive the child; we will be on our way as soon as the child shows me her powers,"  the Min says. Min is a Human man 6 foot 3 or so, with jet black hair and incredibly smooth skin. 

Looking down at the Child, I smile at her. "Hello there, what's your name?" the girl glances at me, making a motion trying to get closer. "Ashoka" 

"Hello Ashoka, I'm Cara. Can you show me that cool trick?" 

She looks at her hands then at some books at the other end of the room before lifting them with force, concentrating on them. 

"Finally" 

Towe Min rushes at me but uses my knees pushing myself out of the way grabbing onto my lightsaber. Min runs out of the building with the Child seeing my Master on the ground quickly getting up like me. 

Rushing out of the building, I see Min run down the street with Ashoka, crying historically. Taking a deep breath keeping my emotions together, I rush after them. 

Min throws carts and boxes in my way to deter me out of the way, but I dodge out of the way. Focusing on Min, I pull him back with force throwing him to the ground as Ashoka clatters, still crying.  I tend to get to Ashoka standing over her as Min gets back up. 

"Who are you? and where did you get that lightsaber," I ask, picking up Ashoka as she hugs me tightly; I pull out my lightsaber, ready to use it but waiting. 

"The last youngling I manage to recruit to my order," he says with a sneer lighting his lightsaber. 

The man runs at me, but I dodge every hit, still holding onto Ashoka with one arm and my lightsaber with the other. 

Sweeping my legs under him, he falls to the ground; I kick the saber out of his grip. "you have one chance to leave this youngling alone before I have to arrest you for meddling in Jedi affairs." 

"Arrest me then," he says as my Master puts restraints on him. "Great job, my padawan; you handled the situation with care and patience." 

"thank you, master," I say with a smile as I set Ashoka down and let her express her goodbyes before we head to the Jedi temple.  

Once we arrive back at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, I say goodbye to Ashoka before meeting up with my Master again, who said I was to meet with the council. 

"Hello, Padawan," Master Yoda says as I nod to them. "Hello Masters, it's good to see all of you."