Chapter Six

A/N : Most of the dialogues are from the Archon Quest Chapter Two, Act Three.

....

Several days have passed since as Lumine joined the ranks of the resistance and meet new allies. They successfully defended the front lines from the Shogun's army and Lumine met their leader, Sangonomiya Kokomi.

As she traveled the Watatsumi Island, she has been promoted along with her resistance partner due to their accomplishments.

However things got out of hand as they discovered that some of the resistance soldiers were using Delusions. It works like a Vision, however it has its own side effects.

Along one of them were Lumine's resistance partner, who've rapidly aged due to the Dilusion. Now she's venturing Yashiori Island to find where the Delusion's source.

....

Delusion Factory, Yashiori Island

As Lumine defeated the last Fatui, she heard a voice behind her.

"You actually managed to find this place. Congratulations."

Lumine gritted her teeth as she readied her sword and looked at him.

"Hah. Barely two words in and you already look like you want me dead."

"You're giving Delusions to the resistance..."

Lumine replied, a hint of anger in her eyes.

"Oh so that's what this is about."

The Balladeer looked at Lumine. He then crossed his arms.

"I think you've got the wrong idea. I know how this looks, but I'm just here to follow orders."

He continued.

"I'm obviously not the mastermind behind this. Aren't you supposed to be pretty tough? What are you waiting for, go get them."

He calmly said as Lumine only gritted her teeth.

"You're getting all worked up over nothing. Pff, you've changed. You're getting weak."

The Balladeer spoke with mockery.

"How can you say this is nothing?"

Paimon angrily replied to him.

"How can you call it anything more? It's the way of the world. Human life is worthless."

He closed his eyes as he speak.

"They were always going to die, with or without a Delusion. At least having one gives them a chance to fulfill their ambitions."

The Balladeer turned around as he also reveals that the Fatui was the who made the Vision Hunt Decree possible. As he explained how it benefits them.

"So the Fatui started the Vision Hunt Decree? You've been behind it all along?"

Paimon said as she was so shocked that the Fatui even manages to play their hands on Inazuma.