Chapter Nine

Narukami Island, Inazuma

Y/N's PoV

After I brought Miko back to the shrine, I thought it would be nice to have a one last walk to the shores of the island.

"..."

I closes my eyes as I smiled. After this, I'll spend my remaining energy to my domain until they needed me.

"I-I..."

I gritted my teeth as I started to cry. My memories with them will soon come to end. I shook my head gently as I continued to walk towards Inazuma City.

Lively noises reached my ears as I walk closer to the city.

"Come to think of it, I never set foot right here since I came back."

I looked around. Many things had change since the last time I walked here with Makoto and Ei.

"Ah! She's here! Y/N! Over here!"

I heard someone called my name in the distance. I looked at the direction where it came from and saw Lumine and Paimon waving with someone besides them.

I waved my hand back as I walked towards them.

...

Naganohara Fireworks

"I apologize that I took so long to catch up with the both of you."

"No, no. It's alright Y/N."

I smiled awkwardly as Lumine assured me. I then turned to the girl whose staring at me for a quite a while.

"Uhh... May I help you-"

"You look like the unknown guardian of Mt. Yougou!"

She gasped as she covered her mouth. I widened my eyes as she said those words.

"H-how..."

I saw Lumine looked at me with an awkward smile.

"Yoimiya, how come you know there's a guardian in Mt. Yougou?"

Paimon asked.

"There's rumors going on about Mt. Yougou years ago. The people around the Narukami Island stated that this unknown guardian lives to her reputation and ever since, the place she protects were probably the most safest here at Inazuma.

Those who have been saved by her was couldn't remember what really happened and only saw her beautiful silhouette in kimono."

The girl enthusiastically said with sparkles in her eyes. I felt embarrassed by hearing those words about me.

She then looked at me and smiled.

"Hee-hee... I'm sorry that this is late but, I'm Yoimiya of the Naganohara fireworks! Nice to meet ya-"

She introduced herself to me with a V sign on her fingers.

"I'm Y/N... Nice to meet you too."