02. revenge

Various people, meanwhile, had put on their masks for the dance and were spending time with someone close who would make a good dance partner.

Everyone had found someone.
Everyone except Rafe Cameron.

Silently, the blond teen stood off the dance floor with a glass pressed tightly in his hand. His facial expression was serious and his eyes focused on a single person.

It hadn't always been the case that Rafe only had eyes for someone single. He could have anyone if he wanted. All he had to do was approach someone and he could have had a thousand dates today. Every girl wanted him for herself, but he enjoyed being alone as long as he couldn't have Kiara.

He swallowed, watching the brown curly head calmly. The way she turned and laughed, giving her full attention to the blond boy next to her - it made him sick. JJ Maybank was a poor ass, couldn't offer her anything.

Even though Rafe could offer her everything financially, he would do anything else for her. He would have set the world on fire to protect her.

And he did — a few years earlier.
And that was the reason for her sudden disappearance.

Slowly, he set his glass down on an adjacent counter before gulping down the last sip, wrinkling his nose, and grabbing a random girl and leading her to the dance floor. Hesitantly, he thought, but his thoughts were screaming for someone. So he bit his lower lip and led the girl in the direction of his old flame.

And as he pulled the girl closer, breathing in her scent, he watched himself; as his eyes once again searched for his old lover. And this time she was looking too - but not at his face. But at his hand, which had found room on the other girl's ass.

He knew she recognized him - as she suddenly stopped laughing, not giving JJ a single glance.

Kie was fucking in love with him, he knew that. She couldn't get enough of him. Be it his lips, his scent, his aura, his smile or their sex.

But she was just as stupid to listen to her parents. The parents who eventually tore up their long-lasting relationship, leaving Rafe alone.

Alone, away from Kie and surrounded by her former scent. He had mindlessly thrown his sweater in the corner of his room, not intending to wash it since she once wore it.

Rafe Cameron had loved Kie ever since he knew her.

But still, he pushed his mask up a little and pressed burning kisses to the neck of the impending girl.

Rafe was tired of it. He was so tired of being a prisoner of his feelings.

And that's why he wanted revenge.