04. burning kisses

"You're here

"You're here."

    He had missed her voice, almost forgotten how tender it sounded - how softly she pronounced the words.

    Kiara was the soft side in his life.

The girl with the dark brown curls, the irresistible smile and the lively manner.

Rafe never wanted to fall in love with her because he was afraid. Afraid to break through his build up wall for someone.

    But the blond teenager already knew that he could not resist her.

      "Of course I'm here," he whispered, despite the loud music blaring from outside.

    Kiara bit her lower lip, eyed him longer and thus produced some silence. "You-"

  "What are you doing here?" he interrupted her intrusively, never once looking away from her eyes. "Thought you were trying to avoid me."

  "I want to kill you if I could," her voice was serious, facial expressions monotonous. "And yet here I am."

He remained silent for a moment before gasping for air. "Tired of JJ already or what made you-"

    He couldn't utter his last sentence as he suddenly felt tender lips on his before hesitantly returning the intense kiss.

    The girl's arms crept around his neck as if expertly, thus pulling him even closer before she lightly bit his lower lip.

      The room was small, the toilet was located outside the dance floor, so the music was muffled. While the lights shone a bright pink, you couldn't really see much else.

      He could only feel her kisses spreading further and further on his neck.

"You're an asshole." she muttered while she gave more kisses, then suddenly stopped abruptly and took a few steps away from him. "You're going to kill me."

  "Kie-"

"I wish I'd never let you get this close to me, Rafe. I wish."

"But you keep coming back with your fucking games and your fucking girls," she shook her head in frustration. "I hate you for that."

    "If you hadn't run away, there wouldn't be any other girls."

  "Grow up, Rafe. I ran away from nothing —  there was never anything to run from.", firmly she shook her head. "It was nothing but sex."

    The anger building inside him made itself known in his fists, he clenched them before he stepped dangerously closer to her, wrinkling his nose condescendingly. "Or are you just telling yourself that shit so you don't feel guilty about JJ?"

    It was a painful slap in the face. A slap that made the room ring with sound and made him look painfully to the side.

    "Watch how you talk to me, Rafe. I'm not your fucking bitch."

    And then she disappeared again.
Into the dance floor, where JJ was impatiently waiting for her.

"Fucking bitch will regret talking to me like that."