➪ 𝗼𝗻𝗲

AFTER GETTING SLAPPED MULTIPLE times, and whatever shit i've been through, here i was, watching two people fighting in this unknown place.

There's a thuggish looking man with snake tattoo running up his neck on the side of his face, is beating the shit out of a pretty girl with short wavy black hair.

What i assumed that the man is player 101, and the girl is 067, by only looking at their tags of course. I just stood there, crossed arms, until a middle aged man shoved the thug to the side.

Well i thought at first he wanted to help the girl, then my thought vanished when he grabbed the collar of the girl's jacket and violently shook her, yelling at her to 'return his money'.

Then the thug went to attack him, "Help- he's going to attack me! He-" he stopped when everyone heard a buzzing noise came out of somewhere around the room. The metal doors swung open, marched of booted feet.

Masked men in pink suits made an entrance at the front of the doors. A man stepped forward, mask painted in a white square, the man spoke ;

"I would like to extend a heartfelt welcome to you all." He looked like their leader or something because i noticed he's the only one have a square on his mask while the others have either triangles or circles.

"Everyone here will participate in six different games over six days. Those who will win all six games will get a handsome cash prize." He looked at everyone until his gaze landed on me, then he broke the eye contact.

"And how are we supposed to believe you?" A man called out from the crowd.

"Y-you took all our stuff and put us to sleep coming here, and then you brought us to this strange warehouse. Now you're saying you'll pay us if we go play a few games?"

"You really expect us to buy that?" To much drama, just go play the damn games.

The masked man spoke once again, "We reluctantly all of those measures to maintain confidentiality as we brought you here. We'll return everything once the games are over." I decided to keep my mouth shut, not wanting to get attention.

"You all....you all have masks. Why are you wearing those things?" Don't he really know how to shut up?

"We do not disclose the faces, and personal information of our staff to any of the participants. It's a measure we take to ensure fair games and confidentiality. Please understand."

"Well, i don't believe you one bit. You got that?" Someone cut off, i looked at the person to see a man with glasses.

"You tricked us. We were kidnapped. You can make as any excuses as you want to make sure nobody knows you broke the law in here." He inhaled to continued, "If you're going to make up for that, then we're going to need something more."

"Player 218, Cho Sang-Woo." The masked man called out, pointing to somewhere, a beep came out, lights and the tv i'd never noticed before went out.

"Age, 46 years." The tv replayed showing him got slapped. "Former Team leader of Team Two at Joy investments. Siphoned money off from his clients' balances then invested it in derivatives and futures options and failed. Current loss, 650 million won." Wow, that's a lot.

The screen showed more people playing ddakji then got slapped, what a shame. To be honest, when i played ddakji with the salesman, i'd never got slapped, guess i'm really good in ddakji.

"Everyone person standing here in this room is lining on the brink of financial ruin. You all have debts that you can't pay off." Something's off, how did they knew about this? Are they a stalkers? Guess i will find out.

"When we first went to see each of you, not a single one of you trusted us." Well, i did.

"But as you all know, we played a game, and as we promise, gave you the money when you won." He continued.

"And suddenly, everyone here trusted us. You called and volunteered to participate of your own free will. So this is it. I'll give you one last chance to choose."

"Will you go back to living in your old and depressing lives getting chase by your creditors?" Who the fuck he think to described our lives like that.

"or will you act and seize this opportunity we're offering here?" Everyone was silent, some murmured to each other while the others just stood like a statues.

I stared at the square masked man, he looked at me, well i'm not like most girls who's blushed when they was caught staring, i just glared at the masked man and broke the eye contact. Is he even have eyes?

"Hey! which games are we playing here?" A man asked, i looked at the masked man for an answer.

"In order to play fair, we cannot disclose any information about the games ahead of time."

A familiar man who i assumed is player 456 spoke, "One question. If we win, how much do we get?"

The masked man clicked something, a large beaming figure descends from the ceiling. It was a large glass piggy bank, but it was empty.

"Your prize money will be accumulated in there after every game. We will disclose the amount to everyone after the first game is over. If you do not wish to participate, then please let us know at this time."

A few minutes later, everyone lined up including me, waited for something. The person in front of me was done and left. It was now my turn, i saw the guard in front of me is looking at me, i just rolled my eyes and looked at the paper.

_____

Player Consent Form

Clause 1 : A player is not allowed to stop playing.

Clause 2 : A player who refuses to play will be eliminated.

Clause 3 : Games may be terminated if the majority agrees.

Signature,

_____

Just that? Great, i looked at everyone beside me who was writing as if it was nothing to worry about. I sighed, goes missing for a few days won't be a trouble, right? It's not that, but i don't have family or friends, no one gonna noticed i goes missing, not that i care anyway. Then i grabbed the pen and signed the paper.