➪ 𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

I HEARD A FEW MUMBLING WORDS, "Oh, lord, protect me." A man prayed, as he sat cross-legged on the floor. "Hey, dude." A woman with her nose pierced, who i assumed is 240, said looking down at the man on the floor.

"Who you think you're praying to?" The man kept muttering, ignoring her. "To God?" She asked. "You think you made it out of there because of God, don't you?" She sighed, "The reason you're still breathing and thanking that nice God of yours...is that old man there. And that guy over there who came up with the awesome last-minute trick." The man ignored her, as he continued praying.

"You know if there's anybody you should be thanking it's them, not God." The man stopped mumbling, he opened his eyes, "You sad lost soul. What would you say about everybody who was nailed to the cross for our salvation today? They sacrificed themselves for us. We are here, thanks to their blood. I pray to the Lord on behalf of all us sinners. I gave thanks for their sacrifices. God made a decision to help our team win. That's why we're all here."

"Bullshit. You killed those guys out there." 240 said. The man just continued mumbling.

"Oh!" She punched her palm with her fist. "If we say some prayers, do we all get to go to heaven? I should really pray too if that's how easy it is." She said out loud.

"Our God who art in Heaven, we worked as a team to send people to your side. And we send a bunch of them today. And please help us with a whole lot more to be with you. And i hope that from now on..."

"Be quiet!" Sae-byeok snapped. "Me? Or you mean that guy?" She asked. "Everyone." Sae-byeok simply said.

....

"You know what? I really thought we were going to die out there." 212, aka the crazy lady, said as she waved her corn around. "And then, as soon as we're all leaning back, i felt so powerful. Like, 'Woah! It works. Is this real?' Hey, old man, how do you know that?" I looked at the old man.

He chuckled, "As a kid, i would always-" he got interrupted, "Oh, you copied that one thing." 212 said. "From that's movie. What's it called? The guy who dodges bullet like this." She rolled her arms back. "Right?"

"Matrix." Ali answered.

"Hmm." She hummed. "Hey, when you got to Korea, is all you did watch movies?" I fight the urge to punch her wrinked face right now. She looked at Sang-woo, "And our man..."

"Everybody, three steps up when i signal." She gasped dramatically, covering her mouth. "Oh. My god, i can't believe how cool that was."

"How did you come up with it under all that pressure?" She asked. "Earlier, you were the one who said no." Ali said. "Yeah?" She scoffed. "Was that what you heard?"

"You cried and said, 'But that's the edge. There's no way i'll go.' Like that." Ali confirmed. I chucked, "Yeah, like that." I agreed, nodding. "Hey, you both. You got a visa? I bet you don't." She snarled. "What do you-" she cut me off rudely, "You're an illegal alien. Hey, boys, how about it? Why keep the strange foreigner and the stupid whore when we could just ditch them? Our team's more secure that way, huh?"

"Why keep the stupid crazy bitch when we could just ditch her?" I snarled. "Guess i'd better do major restructuring while i'm here." I glared at her.

"Who's captain here, guys?" She ignored me. "Mr. Brains, you've been captain, right?" She smiled at Sang-woo. "There's no captain here. We're all equal here." He replied.

"Ah! That's great. Building an egalitarian society! Damn, guys. I gotta said this is quiet a change from that huge asshole who just bosses you around and pretend he's king." She glared at the thug's team.

"Oh, about that, grandma, why did you get kicked out?" I asked. She looked at me angrily, "Grandma? Don't you ever call me that! Here, Han Mi-nyeo. Got it? Mi-nyeo. That's my name." I stared at her, blankly.

"And i didn't get kicked out. I made the decision to go, all right? Those crazy thugs there? You can't lock me in with that crew." She scoffed.

"They only got rid of you, then they only wound up with male players. Right before the game at that. You know it's almost like they knew about it ahead of time." Sang-woo told her. We heard the thug laughing.

The PA system chimed, "Players, your bedtime will begin in 30 minutes. Please return to your assigned beds and prepare for the lights-out." The PA woman informed.

"Another fight could break out like last night. We should make a plan." Sang-woo said. "What can we do, huh?" A man scoffed. "We got four girls, and old man and us. Our team is the weakest one in here."

"We should choose a weak team and go after them first." The Christian man said. I stared blankly at him, "For a resident priest, you sure are bloodthirsty." I mumbled.

"I mean, everybody's hands are bloody. We're all sinners, but we're still here, aren't we? Attacking is our best option. So i think that's our plan." He said. "During the fight last night, the man in the bed in front of me got killed. And the person he thought was on his side broke his neck."

"Do you trust me then?"

"I don't trust one person here." I said.

....

There is a huge possibilty of another fight breaking out. So his solution was to border up and keep guard for the rest of the night. By the time the barricade has been set, everyone gathered by the base of the platform. "They will shut off the lights soon." Gi-hun stated. "They might not all come right away. So we better swap out who's gonna keep watch, just to be safe, i think."

"No, two of us should watch. A pair can keep each other awake. Just one person might go leave and betray our team." Sang-woo said. "I can...be first to watch then. You don't really sleep a lot when you're old." The old man said.

"Excuse me, but are we just supposed to trust an old man to not sleep on the job all night?" A man said. "Let me go first." Sang-woo called out. "I'm not tired yet." Ali also called out.