➪ 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

"PLAYERS, WELCOME TO THE THIRD GAME. For this game, you will play in team. All players, please divide yourselves into teams of ten people. Your time limit will be ten minutes. Ten minutes. Let me repeat the instructions. For this game, you will play in teams. All players, please divide yourselves into teams of ten people. Your time limit will be ten minutes. Ten minutes." The PA woman spoke.

"Something that has teams of ten players. So maybe it's Tail Tag or Why did You Come to My House?"

"Tail tag means running is involved. Or it might just end up being simply based on luck. What do you think?" Gi-hun asked.

"It's Tug of War." I blurted out. They all looked at me suspiciously, "How do you know?" Sang-woo asked. "I just know. Isn't that what you guys played as child too?" I asked. They nodded, well except for Ali of course. "Our team had two girls and an older guy. We should get more men since this game mostly using our strength."

"What if they make us play Gonggi or Elastics? Then, what do we do? Girls are usually the good ones at that..."

"That's true, but when it really comes down to it, usually men are better. It's our lives we're betting on right now. And we gotta win." Sang-woo explained.

"Wait, so you guys actually don't believe me?" I asked in an annoyed tone. "Well if it was a mistake-" I cut Gi-hun off, "A mistake? That's bullshit-"

"She's right, it could be Tug of War." Sang-woo agreed. "Four more people are needed. I see that we each bring one guy to join us. Okay?" We nodded as we go to find someone.

I looked around the room, spotted Rose and Jisoo, but they already in a team. I sighed. After a few minutes, i saw player 212 aka the crazy lady having an argument with the thug.

"Let's team up next time." I heard the thug said. "Babe, wait! I don't get it. Come on, you're just joking." 212 said.

"My team is full. I'm sorry. We've got ten already."

"Old man. No, please, you can't do this. I'm sorry. I will do anything. Babe, i swear i'll do anything. Uh, i'm good at everything. You know that's true." She pleaded.

"Just listen, okay? Let's split up just for this game, all right? Then meet up with the next one, huh?" The thug said.

"But...do we really need to, though? You said we'd do this together. Babe. Can you really do this alone? I need you, old man. Can't you see that?" She clinged onto him.

"Get off!" She whimpered, "God, this bitch is so pathetic. Get your hands off me, and stop calling me 'babe' and 'old man', huh! Call me that one more fucking time, and i'll cut your goddamn throat out!" He yelled heartlessly.

"You asshole. Just stop it. You were using me. Jang Deok-su. Goddamn, you're scumbag." She scoffed. Oh..so the thug's name is Deok-su? "You betrayed me, you're dead now. Got that?"

"Oh, i'm so scared...Ms. Han Mi-nyeo. Well then, best of luck to you, huh?" His friends laughed. "She's not worth it anyways." One of his men said.

I approached them, and tapped the woman's shoulder, she turned around with confusion written all over her face, "Play with us." I said shortly.

"Huh, why should i? You girl looks weak." She scoffed. "I'm stronger than how i looks like. Besides, everyone had formed a teams and you may be eliminated if you didn't have a team." I said.

She grinned, "You heard that, scumbags? Me and this girl will beat your asses! We will bet you douchebags!" She yelled at the thug's team.

....

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine? Um...wait did someone not bring anyone?" Gi-hun asked. The old man sighed, "It was me. I didn't" he stated.

"What about you? Who brought you here?" Sang-woo asked a girl next to Sae-byeok, her number is 240. She tilted her head to Sae-byeok, "Her."

"I said to bring only men back here, didn't i?" Sang-woo scolded. "This doesn't sound good. You want me to go? I'll go now." The girl tried to stand up, "No, wait. Hold on. It's okay. Stay where you are. The times almost over anyway." Gi-hun said, pointing at the timer.

"We put together a weak team, who would want to join it? That means that once the timer's done, we'll end up with anyone that got kicked out." Sang-woo said.

Player 212 came in, "We'll, nobody kicked me out, huh!" She said out loud. "Lucky all of you, that girl over there, has some good sense in choosing someone, especially someone like me!" She exclaimed, pointing at me.

"I'll be way more help than either of these wimpy girls." She eyed Sae-byeok and 240. "Plus, i'm good at everything except the things that i can't do." She laughed. I suddenly have the urge to punch her straight on the face.

I looked around trying to find the shy guard, then i saw the guard far away, often glancing at me, unlike the other guards - they just staring at me - he freaked out when he noticed i'm staring back at him.

I saw a few players (men) staring at me also, i couldn't help but noticed they are the same people who have been watching me almost the whole time, they are freaking creepy and suspicious.

"The time for forming your teams is over. All players, please line up with your teammates at the entrance to the game hall." The PA woman spoke.

....

The yellow doors opened behind them as each of them begins to walk into the unknown room. The towers presented themselves on each side, situated hundred of feet above them. Lisa already knew it was going to be a deathly drop. There was a guillotine at the center, a rope that extended on each side.

"I would now like to welcome you all to the third game. Today's game is Tug of War. In order to win, you must pull the rope towards your platform in an attempt to drop your opponents down below."