Where are they now?

Disclaimer: I do NOT own the Selection series. That is owned by Kiera Cass.

Maxon POV

I paced the palace halls, thinking. It had been seven years since the Selection ended, and my marriage was crumbling. Kriss and I had had a beautiful wedding and a peaceful honeymoon. I could tell she had enjoyed it. I'm sorry to say I truthfully hadn't. Yes, it was nice to end the Selection, finally. But all that was on my mind for the first few years after the wedding and coronation ceremonies was America. Embarrassingly, America was still all I thought about a lot of the time. Her wide smile, her luscious perfume, her ice blue eyes. The list could go on and on. Her stubbornness, her angelic voice, how she took her maids to the safe room, her sense of humor. How I always forgot the world around me when I was with her. Sometimes I regret that I picked Kriss, because she had been getting more distant and less loving with each passing year. She didn't speak at mealtimes and hardly ever saw the children and I, instead insisting that she had 'work to finish'. She still slept in the Princess Suite. We never kissed anymore, and only held hands when the media was around. The only bright spot iny life was my children. Anna Caroline Schreave was six, and Daniel Andrew Schreave was four. I absolutely adored them. It's funny, though, how they look nothing like Kriss. I know that 50% of their genes were supposed to be hers, but it doesn't seem like it. Anna has brilliant red hair and bright blue eyes, and Daniel looks like my mother with my brown eyes. They were getting older, though, And they needed to begin their education. I could've asked Sylvia to teach them, but then their minds would be filled with budget cuts and flower arrangements before they were even ten years old. No, better to hire a tutor. A few months ago, I had decided that my advisers would look at all the teachers job applications and pile up the ones who had checked the "willing to travel" box. Then Anna and Daniel would choose from the eligible tutors. This way, they could get teachers that specialized in what they wanted to learn. I had given this task to some of my new advisers as a sort of test.

Anna's POV

Some of daddy's advisers had just dropped off a bunch of papers to me and Daniel. They told us we would have to choose a tutor. We sorted the forms into two piles maybe and no. I had just put a mean looking lady into the no pile when Danny waved a form with a picture in the air. I took it from him. The picture showed a nice looking lady smiling. "She has hair just like mine!" I squealed. "She's pwetty" I nodded, still staring at the picture. "And she likes music!" I tried to play the violin once, but Daddy got sad when I preformed for him in my favorite blue dress. Ever since then, both Daniel and I had loved music. Miss America was the right teacher, I just know it. I took Danny by the hand and we went to show the advisors our choice.

***Okay, how was it?!?! Please READ&REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!****