#3 Turning the Tables

"MARINETTE! YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE! AGAIN!"

The shouts of Tikki woke me up.

I dragged myself out of bed, aching with pain. Why, you ask? Well yesterday night Hawkmoth sent out a particularly tough akuma that I had to deal with.

Guess where the kitty cat was?

Let's see...how about...lost? Abandoned? Anyway, normal story, he only shows up to flirt with me, doesn't do any help and still expects me to go on a date with him.

So anyway the fight lasted until early this morning.

And I was covered in bruises and scars.

Not that anyone really cared.

I sighed to myself, thinking about what Lila would make the class do this time.

Never mind that, I'm going to be late!!

Time skip cos why not

Lila came in a few minutes after I did with makeup bruises all over her. Like it's so obvious! She used glittery makeup. GLITTERY MAKEUP!

And the one brain celled class couldn't tell.

Lila limped in, hiding a smirk behind her hand as she pretended to sob.

"Girl, what happened? Who did this to you? I'll kill them myself!" Alya said.

Through her disgustingly fake wails she managed to stutter out, "M-Marin-nette..."

Oh no. No. She was not going to do this to me.

I gotta do something...wait, I know!

I used the same old crocodile tear trick.

"W-Well, I did do that t-to her, b-but only as self defense! S-She was the o-one who d-did this to m-me first..."

Then I rolled up my sleeves and shirt to show them the injuries from the night before.

They fell for it, hook line and sinker.

*gasp* "OMG Lila, how could you do that?!"

Easy peasy.

Lila turned to me, eyes burning.

"B-But I didn't to anything to her! S-She's making up this whole thing!"

Guess what, she had foolishly used makeup to draw a huge "bruise" around her eye.

So her "tears" washed it off.

"I'm not l-lying, she even threatened m-me in the bathroom, saying t-that she would take away all m-my friends and...and that I-I would be all alone..."

Their faces turned to horror.

"L-Look, even her make-up i-is coming out, t-the makeup that she used to make her i-injuries!"

Then surprisingly Juleka came up and muttered, "Marinette is telling the truth, I recorded their conversation last year in the toilet when Lila threatened Marinette."

Then she played the recording. Full volume.

As if on cue, Jagged Stone and Clara Nightingale burst into the classroom and announced that Lila was being sued.

(time for my terrible rhyming skills)

"My, my, seems we have some fish to fry! This liar has been very bad, now what's going to happen is very sad"

Then they promptly drowned her in lawsuits.

In other words, it was the best day of my life.