Four

"I have come to deliver Yuhiko-sama's Nichirin Sword."

If she was being honest, Sara had completely forgot about her Nichirin Sword. She was good at concealing her emotions though, so there was no problem.

"Ah, that's me. Thank you Kanamori-san, please come in."

Sara and Kanamori sat down while he began to explain about the Nichirin blade.

"Nichirin blades are forged with Scarlet Crimson Ore and Scarlet Crimson Iron Sand. Both of these are found on tall mountains such as Sunlight Mountain, which is perpetually bathed in sunlight all throughout the year."

Carefully, Sara drew the katana and watched in awe as the colour of the blade turned from silver to a beautiful deep blue.

"Quite magnificent, isn't it?" Kanamori said proudly. "Blue is definitely quite fitting for you, Yuhiko-sama. I am sure that you will have success as a Demon Slayer."

Both of them admired the blade. It was perfectly forged and sharpened to utmost perfection, and Sara had never felt so much pride in her life. This sword... is what I will use to decapitate demons from now on.

"Thank you, Kanamori-san. This is an incredible sword, I'm sure it will be excellent in battle."

"Ah, it is no problem, Yuhiko-sama. I'm sure that you will be able to bring out the best of your swordsmanship abilities with this sword."

Kanamori soon left after explaining a few more details about Sara's sword. Noticing that he was gone, Kanao poked her head around the corner and gave Sara a shy smile as well as a little thumbs up.

꧁☯︎︎꧂

Sara got sent on her first mission the next day.

It didn't seem as hard as she thought it would be, but that was to be expected considering that it was her first mission. She arrived at a small village where a few people were reported to have gone missing. According to the information she was given, everyone that went missing had disappeared after they went to a certain lake near the village.

She couldn't see the lake since the village was surrounded by trees and shrubs, so she decided to ask one of the residents. She wasn't the biggest fan of talking to new people, but nevertheless the approached a woman passing by.

"Excuse me, I believe there is a lake near this village. Can you please tell me where it is?"

The lady's face turned as pale as a ghost at the mention of the lake. "Oh, you don't want to go anywhere near that place, girl. Several people have disappeared there and never came back."

"I know, and that's why I'm here." Sara tried to explain, until she realised no one would believe it if she told them about the existence of demons and the Demon Slayer Corps. "Please, just tell me where it is. I promise, you don't need to worry about my safety."

The woman glanced down and noticed Sara's katana. "You have a weapon? For what?"

Sara became a little impatient. "I told you, that's why I'm here! I've been sent here to solve the problem with the people going missing!"

The woman blinked, confused. She had no idea what a young girl, who was barely thirteen by the looks of it, could do about the situation.

Sara turned away with an exasperated sigh. "You know what, I'll just look for it myself." She said coldly.

The woman felt a little bad, yet she was worried about the child's safety. She tried to follow Sara to drag her back, but the girl disappeared before her eyes - no, she didn't disappear, she simply left too quickly for the woman to notice.