Eighteen

"That concludes this situation with Tanjiro." Kagaya said, satisfied. "Tanjiro, you may leave now."

Unexpectedly, Shinobu raised her hand. "Oh! Kamado can wait for us in my mansion."

"...Huh??" Tanjiro looked around, confused and somewhat scared.

"Okay, Kakushi, take them away!" Shinobu clapped her hands while smiling. Sara sweat dropped at how Shinobu often handled situations like these.

"Well, the Hashira Council is-" Kagaya started, but was cut off.

"Wait! Please wait a second, I'm not done yet! I still owe that guy with all the scars a few more headbutts!"

"Hush! Shut up!"

"One for each time he stabbed Nezuko! I doubt headbutts are against Corps rules!"

"Shut up, let go of that!"

From the corner of her eye, Sara saw Muichiro pick up a rock from the ground. In the blink of an eye, it had already landed hard on Tanjiro's head.

Fast as ever, Muichiro-kun.

Sara maintained her poker face as she always did, but internally, she smirked. All the Hashira and Tanjiro turned to look at the fourteen year old boy.

"Interrupting Oyakata-sama is considered quite rude." Muichiro said coldly, whilst tossing another rock in his hand.

"S-sorry, master... sir!"

"Lord Tokito!"

The Kakushi apologised profusely as they hurried to leave.

"Hurry now. Go."

"Yes sir!"

Sara watched emotionlessly while they scurried away. As they left, Kagaya said one more sentence to Tanjiro.

"Tanjiro, give my regards to Tamayo."

...Tamayo?

Next, Kagaya turned to the Hashira. "Let us begin our Hashira meeting now.

꧁☯︎︎꧂

"We must bolster the ranks of the Demon Slayers." Uzui spoke at their Hashira meeting, and others nodded in agreement.

In front of them sat a lower rank Demon Slayer, called Murata. He had been invited to give a detailed report on the events at Mount Natagumo. The boy sat, visibly quivering in fear of the Hashira.

"What then, are your thoughts?"

"The incident of Mount Natagumo says it all. The calibre of Demon Slayers has dropped tremendously. Most of them are useless." Shinazugawa replied.

He's right. As much as she hated to admit it, Sara did notice too that most of the members of the lower ranks were of no use, and would only die eventually to a demon.

"Aside from those who have lost their family and friends to demons, or those who descend from a long line of swordsmen, it would be cruel to ask for such devotion from ordinary people." Gyomei added, whilst praying and crying... as he always did for some reason.

"The larger the human population grows, the harder it is to control and unify them." Shinobu murmured quietly, to which Sara agreed with a nod.

"Well that kid today sure packed a lot of power though!" Uzui exclaimed, remembering the way Tanjiro had successfully headbutted Sanemi. "He landed that dazzling blow on you, Shinazugawa. He's got potential."

Kyojuro chuckled. "Reminds me of when young Yuhiko first joined us, doesn't it?"

Sara got a little embarrassed. She changed to topic back to Tanjiro. "This boy encountered a Twelve Kizuki soon after joining the Demon Slayer Corps. Even we rarely get the chance to encounter one."