Ten

"Oyakata-sama, I do not mean to question your intentions, but are you sure it is safe for Yuhiko Sara to go on that mission?" Shinobu's voice was anxious as she kneeled respectfully before him.

"I can't say I'm sure, Shinobu. However, I can surely say that Sara's skill with her sword is far beyond that of anyone with her young age and experience." Ubuyashiki Kagaya spoke softly.

Shinobu was uncertain, but she didn't interrupt and waited for the man to continue.

"I also think that this could be a good opportunity to test her ability. I will station reinforcements nearby, just in case."

Shinobu nodded, yet it was obvious she was still worried. "Understood. I will inform her immediately."

"Thank you, Shinobu. Also..."

"Yes, Oyakata-sama?"

Kagaya smiled. "Don't doubt her abilities too much."

꧁☯︎︎꧂

"Shinobu, are you sure Oyakata-sama made the right decision here?" Aoi asked. "This is far too dangerous for a rank Hinoe, no matter how skilled Sara is."

Shinobu lowered her gaze to the floor. "I don't know. None of us do, but I trust Oyakata-sama. If it is his decision, then I will not question it any further."

A brief silence ensued, until Shinobu looked up and smiled again. "Well, Kanao-chan? What do you think?"

Reaching into her uniform pocket, Kanao pulled out a small copper coin and flipped it high in the air. Tails. Kanao gave them a close eyed smile.

"Sara-chan's low rank is only due to the little amount of time she has spent as a Demon Slayer. She is my equal in skill when we train together, I'm sure she will be fine."

Kanao's optimistic words lifted the mood in the Butterfly Estate. Out of all of them, she was the one who trained with Sara the most, so her opinion was one to be trusted.

Even so, it would be difficult to come out alive after such a hard mission. Any member of the Twelve Kizuki would be difficult, and Sara's swordsmanship still had some room for development.

Her senses and movements were honed near to perfection, but she needed more strength, and a certain skill with the sword that could only come with years of experience. So, despite her undeniable skill, the three girls couldn't help but worry.

"Shinobu, I'm back." Sara's voice sounded in front of the girls. "Oh, hello Kanao-chan, Aoi-san."

"For the twentieth time, Sara, it's just Aoi. Drop the honorifics."

"Ah. Sara-chan! You are as good as ever at concealing your own presence!" Shinobu exclaimed. Indeed, none of them had noticed her approach. "How was your training with Tomioka-san?"

"It was fine." Sara told her quietly. She could have easily snitched on Giyū, but she considered it and decided that the man already experienced enough bullying from Shinobu as it was.

"Oh? That surprises me. What did he teach you?"

"Uhh... sword... stuff? ...Sword skills. Yeah, let's go with that. So... he taught me sword skills. No, he trained my sword skills. And maybe also taught me a few stuff."

Oh god, Sara sucks at lying. Who would have thought. Aoi and Kanao sweat dropped.

"Ah, is that so?" An irk formed on Shinobu's face as she detected the obvious lie in Sara's voice. "Well, moving on, Oyakata-sama told me to inform you about a mission tomorrow."