Seventeen

Sara watched, emotionless as Sanemi stabbed his sword into Nezuko. She was a demon, she would heal eventually. That fact didn't change regardless of whether or not she had killed anyone.

"Is that the idiotic Demon Slayer who travels with a demon? Just what is going on here?" Sanemi wore an annoying demonic smile on his face.

Sara's eyes twitched slightly in irritation of Sanemi's hypocrisy. You're both idiots.

"Shinazugawa, don't do anything rash." Shinobu's voice sounded firm and somewhat angry, which surprised Sara.

"What about this demon, boy?" Sanemi ignored Shinobu, to which Sara responded by clenching her fists in annoyance. "You say she can protect people and fight for the corps? That's incredible! Amazing! Why, that's..."

Sanemi drew his sword and stabbed it into Nezuko a second time. "THAT'S COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE, YOU FOOL!"

Hearing Nezuko grunt in pain, Tanjiro dashed forward, his hands still bound by the ropes. "I don't care if you're a Hashira or whatever," he said through gritted teeth," I won't let anyone hurt my sister!"

"Hahahaha! Oh no? Good!" Sanemi laughed.

"Stop!" Sara felt Giyu move and heard him yell. "Oyakata-sama will be here soon!"

Sara could tell it was just a distraction, but Sanemi turned his head in alarm. Meanwhile, Tanjiro used the opportunity to jump in the air and successfully head butted the Wind Hashira.

Amongst the Hashira watching, a small giggle was heard from Mitsuri. "Sorry." She covered her mouth and tried to refrain from laughing.

From the branch behind her, Sara felt an aura of surprise from Obanai.

That boy... he did the same thing as Yuhiko. The Serpent Pillar thought. Unlike Yuhiko, he needed a distraction. But landing a blow on Shinazugawa is amazing nonetheless.

Tanjiro picked himself back up from the ground, and irk formed on his forehead. "If you can't tell the difference between good demons and bad, then you don't deserve to be a Hashira!"

"Why you... you're dead!"

Just as Sanemi was about to swing his sword at Tanjiro, a pair of familiar female voices interrupted them. "The Master of the Mansion has arrived."

The Hashira instantly moved in a line to kneel in front of the man. Tanjiro looked at him, confused, yet in awe.

"Welcome, my dear Demon Slayers."

Sanemi pinned Tanjiro's head down, forcing him to bow with them.

"Good morning everyone. It feels like a beautiful day. The sky is a perfect blue, isn't it?" Kagaya spoke softly, his voice as calm as a small stream of water rushing into a lake. "It makes me very happy that we can have our twice-yearly Hashira meeting, without any members having changed."

"Oyakata-sama, I sincerely pray for your increased happiness. It is good to see you in good health." Sanemi greeted solemnly.

Shinobu, Tanjiro, Giyu and Sara made a synchronised twitch of irritation at the sight of Sanemi's sudden politeness.

"I'm sorry, but before the Hashira meeting, would you be so kind as to tell us," Sanemi began, "about this Corps member who travels with a demon, Kamado Tanjiro?"

Kagaya nodded, unfazed by Sanemi's question. "Yes, my apologies for surprising you."

Sara inhaled deeply, waiting for the Master's response. "I have accepted Tanjiro and Nezuko, and I want everyone else to do the same."